Tuesday, September 28, 2021

September Sweeps - Day 605

So darn tired.  There was lots of driving today, not the least of which was due to me taking a wrong turn (my brother saw me take it and assumed I knew a shortcut, so didn't call or text to warn me) and driving out to the middle of the Nevada desert.*

At one point, my niece took over the car's radio, mocking me for about the fiftieth time this trip, this time that I actually listen to terrestrial radio rather than Spotify or my phone's playlist.  The majority of her songs were good, and she insisted on listening through to the end of every song, even if her boyfriend really wanted to hear something else.

Both my niece and I had had our voices screwed up by our summer colds (or whatever it was), but we still tried to sing along, and maybe we would've done it anyway, but we felt like that was a tribute to our Uncle Len, who loved singing and karaoke machines, and played songs for me he thought I'd like when I was eight or nine years old (Don't Pay The Ferryman by Chris DeBurg will always remind me of him).

Sit-ups Today: 50
Sit-ups In September: 2985

Push-ups Today: 50
Push-ups In September: 3422

Words Today: 344
Words In September: 19,320

*Well, that was where I was located anyway, but I drove in the wrong direction in the middle of the Nevada desert.


No comments: