Monday, September 06, 2021

September Sweeps - Day 583

Well, this was nearly the day that I broke my writing streak.  In fact, I could stop typing this right now and go to bed, and I'm done.

But I'm sitting here now, and I'm awake, so I might as well type something.

Sit-ups Today: 50
Sit-ups In September: 705

I bought a half gallon of milk the other day to make protein shakes with, and finally opened it tonight, and discovered that it had gone bad.  I took a sip, winced at the gross, bitter taste, then sniffed it.  Yuck.  I checked the expiration date, which was still four days away, and took another sip.  It tasted awful (though not as bad as it smelled).  I ran to the computer to find out what would happen if I drank a whole glass of sour milk (could be vomiting, could be stomach cramps, could be diarrhea, could be an uncontrollable desire to "own the libs"), and made my protein shake anyway, thinking that mix would cover the taste up.

It didn't do so entirely, and though I drank one big swallow, I couldn't manage to drink any more of it, dumping the glass and the carton down the drain.  I waited for the sickness to come, and I started to feel something, but then went to sleep and forgot about it (I think it was just my mind convincing me I was going to get sick, because I never had any ill effects from the, what, quarter glass that I drank.  I guess a real tough cookie would've drank the whole thing down, and then taken a big bite out of the carton for good measure, but that's never been me, and it's too late to start now).

Push-ups Today: 216
Push-ups In September: 823 

Words Today: 489
Words In September: 7064


2 comments:

Big Anklevich said...

Shoulda kept it. I think just a little while longer and it would be yogurt, which I guess makes it edible again.

Rish Outfield said...

If I ever ate a spoonful of yogurt that tasted like that, it would be my last.