Saturday, September 04, 2021

September Sweeps - Day 581


We got up early this morning (not quite 7:30, but a little while after), loaded up a bed and mattress into my brother's truck, and then I thought I could sneak back to sleep for a little while, because my brother-in-law had been delayed and wasn't home yet.  But I remembered a little song I was going to stick in the next Outcast episode, but had been unable to do so because I edited it at the cabin, where I have no internet.

So instead of snoozing, I found that (awful) song, downloaded it, laid it into the episode (there was just silence where it was supposed to be--if you ever hear silence in one of my shows, it's because I forgot to stick something there), and republished it before anyone was the wiser.  It is out of character for me to choose responsibility over sleep, but I did it twice in a six hour stretch.

You know how a song will be stuck in your head, and you wish you hadn't heard it, for that to happen?  Well, I read an article yesterday (no idea why) that said that Warner Bros. had restored the original Paula Cole song for the opening credits of "Dawson's Creek," after having them unavailable for a decade or so.  While this doesn't matter much to me (I haven't watched the show in almost twenty years, though I do think about it, from time to time), it made me think of Eric Cartman's Dawson's Creek Trapper Keeper on an old "South Park" episode, and can't stop thinking about him singing, "I don't wanna wait, for my Trapper Keeper to be over."

Maybe Dracula was right.  True love never dies.

Sit-ups Today: 50
Sit-ups In September: 511

I didn't manage a lot of push-ups or sit-ups today.  It was a matter of time management, I suppose.  But man, I got a lot of words.  I really focused on this book, and wrote the big climax as best I could, even though I feel like it's too long, and not as powerful as I wanted it to be.  I started on the denouement, or resolution of the story, but didn't finish (I got close, though).

Push-ups Today: 170
Push-ups In September: 496

I did a few push-ups, then snuck back to my computer to jot down a couple lines for the epilogue, which became an entire page.  I feel like it too isn't perfect, but is closer to what I wanted to say when I came up with it . . . which was either yesterday or today, I can't remember which.

All I know is, this has to be the most words I've written in a single day since I was in college, and had to jam everything in for a deadline or due date.  Even then, I'd had to have been pretty dedicated to reach three thousand words.  And I'm not sure I've ever been that dedicated.

Words Today: 3687
Words In September: 5836


2 comments:

Big Anklevich said...

Daaamn! Someday you're going to reach the levels of that guy you unfriended on Facebook for having a superior word count.







And then I will have to unfriend you.

Rish Outfield said...

He wrote eight thousand words in a day, and then gave your ex-girlfriend the best night of her life. NOW who's unfriendable?