Friday, September 10, 2021

September Sweeps - Day 587

"Well, I went today,
Maybe I will go again tomorrow;
Yeah yeah, well, the music there,
Well, it was hauntingly familiar."
                                Stevie Nicks


Alright, here I am, at the library again (I was here on Tuesday, but just for about twenty minutes), and I'm going to finish my book.

Except, big shock, now all I want to do is write in my blog.*

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In September: 1116

I think I ought to come up with a birthday for Lara Demming, that was I'll know how old she is in any given story (the problem is, in the years that I've been writing these, the timeline has to have shifted.  I can't mention Obama being president in the first story and have Biden being president "two years" later in the narrative.  I think there will just be little inconsistencies that sneak in, no matter how hard I try to avoid them.

I wrote for a couple of minutes, then surfed the internet like a big dumb bastage, then forced myself to go back to the story, since I was right on the edge, the edge of seventeen.

And it only took a few more words.

I'm done with my book.  And it's by far the largest thing I've ever written.

Word count?  How's 77,210 grab you?

Thanks, man.

Push-ups Today: 218
Push-ups In September: 1379

Anyway, I guess I'll go home now, run around the neighborhood, and maybe eat a pizza.  

Okay, half a pizza.

Words Today: 404
Words In September: 8593

*My brain hates me, I've long suspected.


1 comment:

Big Anklevich said...

At least Hide the Pain Harold is proud of you...although I think he's actually not sure why he's giving the thumbs up. I think someone just told him to do it, and he complied. He's mostly thinking about the blood he found in the toilet after taking a dump this morning and what it means for his future.