Tuesday, October 27, 2020

October Sweeps - Day 269

So sad that October--the greatest month--is almost over.

 I so enjoyed my little trip to the library yesterday that I think I'll do it again today,  I only had 58 minutes yesterday (you know because there's a countdown clock at the top of the screen--impossible to minimize--that lets you know how much time is left in your session) and I fully believe I could finish the story if I dedicated a couple of hours to it.

I got it into my head that I'd finish it, send it over to Julie Hoverson (who used to do narration for us and has recently started podcasting again), see if she'd record it, and I'd run it in November.  That would be a new record for writing a story and it showing up on my podcast (although the sketches I sometimes write almost always have a timeline like that).

Sit-ups Today: 115
Sit-ups In August: 3996

Today is Big Anklevich's birthday.  I guess I should acknowledge him and his goal over the past year of writing each day and how he knocked it out of the park.  While I am not certain that his efforts inspired my own write everyday bullcrap (I think there were other factors that pushed me there), what he was doing certainly encouraged me to keep going and to push myself for more words and more effort, just to not look lazy compared to him.

His goal for October to October was 300,000 words, and he managed to get there two months early.  He also dieted and exercised and blogged (you ought to subscribe to his blog.  Unlike me, he only posts when he has something interesting to say) and even tried that 75Hard thing, which is as crazy in my mind as running a marathon (and you remember my thoughts about that earlier in the year).

Now, he's starting a new year, and he's going to eat healthy (he's a real proponent of the Carnivore Diet, and intermittent fasting . . . of course, he also loves the NFL, so I'm not sure how we could ever be friends), and start publishing the things he's written, and I wish him Bosskspeed.  Because I know Big, and it's going to be a hard field to plow.

Push-ups Today: 80 (so, so hard)
Push-ups In August: 1823

I went on my full run tonight, though not nearly as late as the last couple of times.  It certainly keeps me warm, but I don't know if I can keep doing this once there's snow on the ground (and ice in my bum).

Words Today: 2707
Words In August: 27,256

No comments: