Saturday, October 31, 2020

October Sweeps - Day 273


So, today's the best day of the year.  But it didn't start so hot.  

I woke a few minutes before my alarm (and this was another of my early days), and opened Facebook to post my last daily Horror movie post (like the music ones earlier in the year), and a friend of mine had posted the bad news that Sean Connery--the real one--had died that morning.


That was a real bummer, because, even though he was ninety, and we knew it was coming, it wasn't welcome news, and it meant I'd have to record something or blog something, and my day was busy enough as it was.  My nephew had a basketball game in the morning, but his dad took him (and only one parent--or "parent"--was allowed to attend anyway), and after the game, they all loaded into the car and headed for the cabin, so that meant no trick or treating (which opened up my day a little bit).

I went to Taco Bell, and they had a sign I found amusing on their door:

(this wouldn't have been amusing in any other year)

I got my work done as best I could, then jetted over to the library (like I try to do every Saturday) with the intention of finishing my water story.  I talked about it earlier this week, but I was surprised to still not be able to finish it in the time before the computer warned me I had five minutes left and I better damn well save my work before it logged me out again.

So, I got out of there, and got home . . . and there were already trick or treaters out and about.  That sort of blew my mind, but then, I grew up in a tiny town in another time, and it's hard to take the farm out of the boy.

I decided to go on my run first, before the sun went down, just to see the kids in their costumes, and man, we had another warm, pleasant October 31st, which is nice.

When I got back, I went into the backyard and did the first Instagram post for my fakeseanconnery Instagram page.  The first take I ran out of time, the second take, I dropped my mask, and the third take . . . somebody called me right in the middle of the recording.  So, four times it took, to make something that looks so unprofessional.

Then I sat down and did an episode about Sean Connery, which I'll scramble to edit together with the bit I recorded in April 2018 when I thought I'd get a jump on things and do one then.  It's kind of a miracle I still have that recording, having lost so many others over the years.

Push-ups Today: 85
Push-ups In October: 2153

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In October: 4573

I'll fill in a bit more on this when I can, but right now, I'm a bit too busy.  Sorry.

Words Today: 1270
Words In October: 31,797

No comments: