Friday, October 23, 2020

October Sweeps - Day 265

Guys, I imagine you're pretty sick of me by now.  I'm sick of me, sick of blogging each day, sick of saying the same thing over and over and then worried if I have said the same thing over and over.  Sick of push-ups, and sick of smelling my shirt after I've gone for a run and thinking, "Dude, this smells like Ian McNeice slept in it!"*

But I have to keep going, just in case we're not sick of it entirely.

Having finished another story yesterday, I have to decide what to do today (writing-wise).

I enjoyed looking over "Hatchling" yesterday and writing that new scene.  I feel like a big chunk of the story was missing, though.

I think the explanation is that for a stretch in the summer, I would create a new text file each day and do my writing in it, to make it easier to chart my word count.  Then I forgot to copy and paste the writing into the master file for the story.  We'll see if that's correct, though.

Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In October: 3509

Push-ups Today: 76 (missed one again)
Push-ups In October: 1510 

I ended up sitting down and recording Chapters 9 through 13 of "My Friend of Misery."  It's certainly not getting any better, and I think the problem is, like "Hatchling," the story is ostensibly about something supernatural, but the mundane events keep getting in the way.  I think, truth be told, I'm more interested in the mundane events (like the blooming/fading love affair between Rick and Talia in "Hatchling," and Brielle's heartache over her first boyfriend and jealousy of her brother's career in MFOM).  

I don't know if that means the book(s) will suck, but my subconscious will inevitably use that as an excuse to delay releasing them.  But the work goes on.

Words Today: 700
Words In October: 20,199

Oh, following up on something I wrote yesterday: turns out that ABC sitcom with the piece of shit title "Two Guys, A Girl, and a Pizza Place" was NOT unsuccessful after all.  It went four frigging seasons, from 1998 to 2001, and Nathan Fillion was a series regular, before appearing in the MUCH less-successful "Firefly."  Whoops.


*I originally had Louie Anderson as the fat guy in this joke . . . but decided to go more obscure, in a Dennis Miller SNL joke sort of way.  Then, I couldn't remember Ian McNeice's name, and that kind of ruined the whole gag.  Sorry.

No comments: