Friday, October 02, 2020

October Sweeps - Day 244

Nothing to offer you today.  I really ought to spend a few minutes editing my Patreon address today, so I can get it out in a timely fashion.  I usually try to get those out on the first or second of every month, but since I didn't record it till yesterday, and there was a bit I recorded earlier I couldn't access to splice in, I sort of let it fall by the wayside.

I had three items to return to the library, so I went over there, and did a little writing on the Lara and the Witch book.  Less than a thousand words.  I know it's not much, but it's the best I can do.  My gift is my song, and you know the rest.

Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In October: 277

Push-ups Today: 56 (whoops, one fewer than I was supposed to)
Push-ups In October: 112

I got invited to do a ghost story on a podcast, either tell/read one in the public domain, or present one of my own.  I dusted off a story of mine called "Gatekeeper" that no one has ever read* and sat down to record it.  I figured it was short enough to get done in ten minutes.

It took forty-four minutes to record it.  So, that's not good.

But ah well, no harm, no foul.  I can still put it in a collection (probably the one I was supposed to put out a year ago, when Gino created the cover art for me), or run it on the Outcast.  Who knows?

Words Today: 829
Words In October: 2489

*It was written, I dunno, in 2009 or 2010, but I never liked the ending, so I didn't even type it up.  But then, I took the notebook I had written it in to a concert last year (remember concerts?) and wrote the ending to "Touching The Other Side" in it, and curious, read through "Gatekeeper."  I decided the ending was fine (though who really knows?).

No comments: