Monday, October 05, 2020

October Sweeps - Day 247

Crap, I've accomplished little today.  I got work done, sure, but it went slowly.  Then my nephew wanted me to take him fishing ("for just a half an hour"), and after two hours, my sister called to demand I bring my nephews home for dinner.  The day just flew by, and I've done no writing, no editing, no exercise, and still haven't published my Patreon address, which was due four or five days ago.

I need to get that done today, in addition to all the stuff I'm normally supposed to do.

But ah well.

Sit-ups Today: 200
Sit-ups In October: 738

Push-ups Today: 59
Push-ups In October: 286

So, I'm going to elaborate on the above (no idea why).  Early today, I had made the mistake of telling my nephew that after my work was done, I would take him to the lake to kayak around (which he interprets as going fishing.  Of course, he interprets, "Get your homework done" as going fishing), and he wouldn't leave me alone for the next two hours, telling me I had told him I'd take him at two o'clock.  Finally, I did load my nephews into my dad's truck to take them to the lake, being told that there was an electric pump they'd gotten that could be plugged into the cigarette lighter and used to inflate the kayak.

Well, wouldn't you know it, the electric pump was intended for flat tires, and would not fit on the nozzles for the kayak.  So, stupid me, I decided to fill up the kayak using my mouth.  This I would not recommend.  A) It took forever, B) it was incredibly difficult and tiring, and 3) since the kids were just fishing that whole time instead of helping me, I would've been better off taking the kayak home, pumping it up there, and bringing it back.  Also, there was no way to get that much air pressure in there just using my mouth . . .

. . . but it didn't matter, because, as we got in the kayak and started to paddle around, I discovered that there were holes in the raft, letting out fun little chains of bubbles in the water, and then, much worse, the bottom of the kayak began to fill with water after only a few minutes, soaking my legs, butt, and back, and forcing us to turn around and go back to shore much earlier than planned.  Then, wet and probably quite smelly (okay that might have been the case before the lake water got to me), I had to deflate the raft and put it back in the truck, while my nephews fished.

I didn't even think to take pictures of the sunset or water.  And since I hadn't brought my laptop, I didn't get any writing done waiting for the kids to be done fishing (which they never will be--I only got them to leave once their mother had texted me wondering where we had been all that time).

I'm not sure why I shared that with you.  I suppose I'll do anything to keep from writing.

Words Today: 690
Writing In October: 4559

No comments: