Tuesday, October 13, 2020

October Sweeps - Day 255

I've got nothing to share with you today.  Nothing of note happened, and I can't manage to even try to be entertaining today.  Thing is, I stayed up awful late last night getting work done, even though I knew my alarm would be going off sooner than normal (Tuesdays I always get up early, because I am an idiot).  But wouldn't you know it, sleepy or not, I woke up ten or fifteen minutes before my alarm went off.

Sit-ups Today: 150
Sit-ups In October: 1876

Push-ups Today: 66
Push-ups In October: 793

I did try to be ambitious, and went to the library in the afternoon.  I managed to get a thousand words written--unfortunately, almost all of them supremely lame.*

Words Today: 1599 (what, I couldn't muster up one more word?)
Words In October: 11,991

Around nine pm, I went to my cousin's and we finished the season of "Star Trek: Lower Decks."  The final episode was quite excellent, and featured two legacy characters as well as the deaths of everybody aboard a starship, both of which were nice surprises.

Afterward, we watched "Seinfeld"--we've been going through that series (which my cousin owns all of) from the first episode--I think we're on the fourth season now (around the time when it became a huge hit for NBC).  I've only seen about half of the shows, so a lot of it is new to me, and it has been really enjoyable to see them all.  I always felt that George was a kindred spirit--a character I really related to, despite the enormous amount of sex he somehow managed to have--and in revisiting it, I've appreciated more and more just what a tremendous talent Jason Alexander was.**

Anyway, because it's a Tuesday and I didn't get a nap in the afternoon (I usually don't, frankly), I fell asleep earlier than usual--during the second "Seinfeld" episode we watched.  "Do you sleep, Chima?" he asked me, as he always does.  I had to admit that I did, and he asked me how much of the episode I remembered, and I only recalled the first ten minutes or so.  

As tribute to my cousin's coolness, he replayed the episode and watched it through a second time, just so I could see how everything worked out.  I usually kick this guy under the bus, mostly because of his many, many attempts to murder me over the years, but that was pretty darn noble...especially when we went ahead and watched it a third time immediately after.

What can I say?  I'm nothing if not a zzzzzzzzzz...

*I did double-check just now, and the few words that were not lame were "blonder," "alpacas," "practically," "bureau" (a word I couldn't spell correctly if your life depended on it), "pre-menopausal," "Chicken Broccoli Cheese," "barring," "zillion," "Barring" (the second time, but not the third time), "Gordian," "wheel well" (technically two words), and, oddly enough, "Montana."

**I used the past tense because, well, I haven't seen him do anything in years.  He may just not have the starpower of Jerry Seinfeld or the appeal of Julia-Louis Dreyfuss.  

No comments: