Saturday, October 03, 2020

October Sweeps - Day 245

Well, I screwed it all up today.  Two hundred and forty-five days in a row . . . and then I failed.

Failed to write a blog post, that is.

So, who really cares?

Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In October: 388

Push-ups Today: 57
Push-ups In October: 169

I really wanted to watch "Saturday Night Live" tonight, but I told myself that I'd force myself to write first.  But then I checked the television and discovered that it had just started, and my plans went out the window (it makes no sense, because the system has a DVR, so you can record any show you want and watch it when you want, but I somehow forgot that and thought I had to watch it as it aired, or I'd miss my chance).  I did do sit-ups and push-ups during the commercials, and then did my run around midnight, remembering that I could pause the television and pick it up again after my run.

But I hadn't done any writing.  

I didn't want to.  The kids were all at my sister's house, so I could do what I wanted, as late as I wanted . . . as long as it wasn't writing.  The problem with having all these things that I MUST do each and every day is that there are days when I get most of them done, and it's not enough.  I'm supposed to do all of them every day, and exercise tends to make one tired (I'm always a sweaty mess after my run each night, even though the seasons are changing enough that there's a coolness to the air that just wasn't there a month ago, and pretty soon, it'll get below freezing every night, so I'll have to try to run during the day (not bloody likely) or put on a sweatshirt or something when I go out at night--maybe even a jacket.  Scary.

I did end up forcing myself to write at the end of the night, but it was too little too late.  I couldn't manage to inspire myself or get into the story (which I'm starting to doubt I'll ever finish), and I told myself I'd quit when I reached 300 words.  Then I wrote another paragraph, and that was that.

Tomorrow may be better, I dunno.

Words Today: 354
Words In October: 2843

No comments: