Tuesday, October 20, 2020

October Sweeps - Day 262


I meant to hit the library today, but I didn't.  It's Tuesday, and I got a full two hours more today th--no, even longer, I got nearly three hours more of consciousness today than I usually do, and . . . nothing.

I did get my push-ups done, at least.  That's something.

Push-ups Today: 73 (and not terribly hard.  Maybe the later in the day I do them, the harder they are?)
Push-ups In October: 1283

Marshal Latham ran the first chapter of a novella or novel-length writing project on his podcast recently, and I have to admit it was bold.  It was bold because it was all he had written on the book, and it was from before he even got married (I think he's been hitched for seventeen years).  So, running it on his show was only going to frustrate his listeners, knowing there was no more where that came from.  But even so, perhaps his listeners will pester him to complete it now, and he will . . . and he never would have had he not shared the work-in-progress with people.

It made me wonder about my own projects like that, and if I might dare share those on my podcast, to see if people will urge me to complete them.  Or is that just cruel?  And what if nobody says ANYTHING, what if they just don't give a crap, and I never end up finishing the story at all?  Well, food for thought.  I have so many in-progress stories that I could spend the rest of my life simply finishing old ones, not writing anything new.  

Would that make me happy?  Oh, hell na, but it's interesting to think about.

Sorry for using "hell na," folks.  But blogging two hundred and sixty-one days in a row has taken its toll on my vocabulary.

And my taint, sadly.

I found the animatronic The Child figure/doll at Walmart with my cousin tonight.  It was amazing, and both lifelike and impressively cute.  But it was damned expensive ($59), and I didn't know what to do about it.  Either it will be completely gone from stores a month from now, or it will be everywhere, with each Target or Walmart ordering a hundred of them.

But it was so cool that I think I'll take the chance.  I asked my cousin, "What if we never see these again?" which is a fair question, but pretty hard on my wallet.

Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In October: 3187

Push-ups Today: 73
Push-ups In October: 1283

I did sit down and write for a little while today--it felt like a lot more words than it apparently was--and am very, very close to finishing the third Lara and the Witch story, which I had a title for just last week, but have already forgotten.  I think that one of my goals for October was to finish it or figure out how to finish it, and during my run today, I decided to end the book with the section I was writing today, then to have an Epilogue which ties up the romantic plot, and sets up the next book.  In fact, if I didn't have to go to my cousin's house, I might've written that scene too today.

Fiddle-dee-dee, though, tomorrow is . . . you know.

Words Today: 1075
Words In October: 16,901

No comments: