Tuesday, June 30, 2020

June Sweeps - Day 151


Today is the last day of June.  If I'm going to come out on top, I have to really put in the work today. 

I can do it, no worries.  The problem is just how much I WANT to do it. 

And really, maybe that's the difference between those who succeed and those who don't, how hard people are willing to work, push themselves, and keep on keeping on when the point of it all seems in question.  Sure, there are other factors, but hey, I can't control my skin color, education level, natural charm, people skills, national origin, inborn talents, or attractiveness (though I really should cut my hair).

I finally heard back from Audible today, after nearly nine weeks of silence.  The audiobook for "The Calling: Reunion" didn't pass again.  There were two files with problems (one was too quiet . . . again, and the other "appeared to have unedited outtakes" in it.  So, I checked, and sure enough, there are like twelve takes in there, along with a bit of typing as I rewrote a line.  That's so embarrassing, I'm almost glad it didn't get published back in January*), which I was able to fix pretty quickly.

But then I thought I'd go through all my files, just looking to see if they were loud enough . . . and dammit, I noticed another one with a gap of typing and relines in it.

My nephew couldn't find his phone, and so when I told him I was going to the library today, he wanted to go too (which is a first.  Going to the library for him is probably what going to church would be for me).  We went, and they wouldn't let him use a computer without a library card, so I got him one.  They aren't lending out headphones because of COVID-19, so he had to sit in silence (we even went to the second floor which is the quiet floor) while I wrote.  I got to one of the good parts of my Halloween decorations story (I had been calling it "Undecorated," but today I thought I might try "Exterior Decorator" as a title . . . which now that I've said it aloud, sounds really really lame).

Sit-ups Today: 150
Sit-ups In June: 3947

Words Today: 1774
Words In June: 30,635


And there you have it.  Will I write tomorrow?  Probably . . . but I won't like it.

*I'd like to think that somebody like Tom would've bought it and let me know, then I could've fixed the tracks before anybody else bought it.  Or, I could not be a dumbass and have somebody listen to every one of the chapters before I submitted it to Audible.

No comments: