Monday, June 01, 2020

June Sweeps - Day 122

Day 122.  Aw, what the heck.



I’m at the library computer for the first time since March, and I’m determined to get some work done.  The only other customer is the blind Korean man* that I used to see here every other time or so. Just us and a bank of unused computers.


I’m wearing a mask while writing.  That has never happened before.  It’s certainly uncomfortable, and I don’t know that I can do this every day, but depending on how many words I get while sitting here (thirty-six so far), I might do this once or twice a week.  And before long, they’ll probably let us not have masks on as long as we’re socially distancing.  We’ll see.
I kept noticing it, though, every time I started to forget, I'd wonder what that was covering my nose and mouth, and I'd stop writing again.  It wasn't miserable, but it was much harder than wearing the mask when I walk into Walmart or Artie's Dog Meat Emporium.  I'm sorry for whining, but I really did hate having it on for those two hours.  Makes me wonder about the folks that have to wear one for eight hours a day at their jobs.

Not much more to post here today.  I did alright as far as writing goes.  Tonight I plan on sitting down and recording at least a third of "Three-Time Visitor."**

I may not get to it (have to edit my Patreon address, and tomorrow is my second Tuesday in a row I'm getting up early [ugh]), but we're gonna do what we can to make this June a positive one.

Sit-ups Today: 100
% of Goal (3000): .03

Words Today: 1219

*I was told, when I checked in to use a computer, that if I needed help, I would get none because of social distancing.  I was fine with this.  But when the blind guy started asking the lady to help him in his pitiful broken English, and she said, from her desk, "I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to go over there," I really started to question the policy.
Of course, I could have stood up and gone over to see if I could help the man.  It may have been that he just needed someone to direct him to YouTube or possibly some website that assists the blind.  And I didn't do it.  Dang.

**Last night, I decided to split it into three acts: Visit 1, 2, and 3, and I hope that the story is at least half as good in 2020 as I thought it was in 2019 when I was writing it.

No comments: