Friday, June 05, 2020

June Sweeps - Day 126


I've got to get some writing done.  It's nearly ten, and not a single word.  I've got to be strong, and try to hang on, before this decadence causes my will to snap!

Oh no, Big just texted to boast about his word count, and the fact that he knows the loving touch of a woman WITHOUT then hearing the dread words, "No, no, cuddling costs extra."

I will force myself to write at least one hundred words right now.

I apologize in advance, but this image really amuses me:


So, I came back from the cabin yesterday (oh, I neglected to mention that at no point was I even remotely scared to be up there alone.  I didn't creep myself out much--there's the requisite moment of glancing upstairs and imagining someone standing there, staring down at me, of course--and at no point did I let my imagination mess with my head.  Rish Outfield: 1 Brain: 0), and was saddened I had to cut my trip short like I did.  Last year (and the year before, to a lesser extent), I would go up there and if I wanted to stay an extra day, I usually had the freedom to simply do so.*

This year, I have a lot more work to do (which is a good thing, no worries), but I think my schedule is even easier because I don't have to watch the kids on Wednesdays this year (my mom no longer works at the hospital that night), or worry about mowing the lawns at my father's house (the house was sold, and no longer my responsibility).  So I could, barring "The Unforeseen," go up pretty much every week.

But I don't know if I should go every Wednesday/Thursday.  Is that too much of a good thing?  Last year, I NEEDED to go up there every week, because it's when I got writing done.  This year, I'm supposed to be writing every single day regardless of where I am.  We'll see what I do next week.

In happy news, the thrift store one town south of us reopened today.*  I took my nephew there, and we both took a picture for my Instagram page.  The boy didn't even complain all that much about me taking his picture, which was a nice change.  Here is mine:

I'm thinking those sit-ups aren't helping.
I spoke to Tanner today, the guy I've somewhat modeled Mason Bradley in my "Dead & Breakfast" series after, and he really is moving to Montana next week.  That means I will probably see him on Tuesday, and then never again.  That makes me quite sad.  As I've stated before, we're not technically even friends, but I will miss him nonetheless, and feel like maybe we could have become friends, in another set of circumstances.

"Well," as Captain Picard once said, "it's . . . not . . . going . . . to happen . . . now."

Speaking of Picard, BigBadToyStore put this up for preorder this week:

I'm on the fence about ordering it.  But I would like to own this pin:


Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups in June: 627

Words Today: 1029
Words In June: 5500

*I remember the first trip, though, being problematic because there were no caffeinated beverages up there, and I could only survive without one for so long.

**I didn't end up buying anything.  They had the canopy to a Hasbro TIE Fighter, but no wings,

No comments: