Monday, June 08, 2020

June Sweeps - Day 129


I've somehow written more than a third of a year every single day (and blogged even more than that).  Today was absolutely fail-tastic as far as writing or goals went.  I didn't sit down to write until nearly ten, and even then, I had little I wanted to write.  I did manage to get my holiday story "The Many Faces of Christmas Eve" published over on Amazon, though . . . so that's alright.

My brother went to the cabin on Sunday, and we had had a big windstorm that had knocked over several dead trees.  He said some had fallen onto the road and had to be moved, and that a large one had fallen onto a cabin next door.  If I go on Wednesday, I'll see if I can take a picture of it.

I didn't go to the library today.  I just had too much work (Monday's always the busiest day for me), some of which is still sitting in front of me as I type this all indulgently.  My nephew asked me to take him to the pet store to buy fish food for the hundred or so baby fish that were born and he's separated from the adults (the kid has gone absolutely fish-crazy, having bought three new aquariums in the past week--adding them to the two he already had in his room).  I said, "I told you I was going to the library.  Did you want me to do this instead?"  After a second, he (very politically) said, "I'll go to the library with you after the pet store."

So, he got his way.  And I didn't hit the library at all.  Which means I need to do my writing now.

Oh, and speaking of writing, Marshal Latham announced the winners of his Journey Into Journey contest.  My story "Troubled Child" didn't win the competition, but it did pretty well in the standings.  I do enjoy writing contests, though, even if I don't win.

Sit-ups Today: 120
Sit-ups In June: 1057

I also wanted to put out another Rish Outcast episode.  I finished editing it yesterday, why not post it?

Okay, I'll write until I reach 500 words.  Then, as a "reward," I'll post the Outcast.

Whoops, I somehow doubled that.  Don't know how it happened, but I'll take it.

Words Today: 1207
Words Total: 8530

No comments: