Friday, June 12, 2020

June Sweeps - Day 133

Another busy day for me today.  Luckily, my sister was taking the boys to the skate park, and I went along with my laptop, hoping to get some writing done.  And I did . . . it just wasn't much or very good.

Ah well.

I did sit down and record the Drabblecast story, "Sandy" last night, and then today I edited it, and got it back to Norm.  Probably record-setting turnaround there, but hey, that's what they hired me for.

That girl that was obnoxiously cutesy with her fiancé in the videos I talked about a couple of weeks ago got married today.  You know, I never went back and finished their helium-talking episode, nor the one they made after that.  The one of their wedding night might bring me back, though.

Honestly, despite how irksome that video was, they really are a beautiful couple, and I'm sure more in love than you or I will ever be.*  And I wish them well, though I'm going to vow not to ever mention them on this blog again.

Despite my problem a couple of days earlier in the week, I still got sit-ups in, and tried to do a hundred in a row without my nephew egging me on.  It was difficult, but doable. 

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In June: 1512 (halfway there)

Tomorrow I'm going for a hike with friends, so it's going to be a slightly more social day for me.  Oh, and it's my nephew's birthday party.  Wow, me and people again.  Who knew?

Words Today: 689
Words In June: 11,800 (whoops, dropped below a thousand again)


*While I'm being honest, I'm sure that, were I in a similar situation, with a countdown to a June wedding and a weekly video blog in which to show off my workout body and the girth of our love, I'd be just as obnoxious as they were.  Except I'd like to think I'd be at least creative about it, coming up with sketches and comedic bits for us to do. 
"I love you, sweetie." 
"I love you more." 
"Hey, that's not funny.  You take that back." 
"What, hon?  Take what back?" 
"How dare you say you love me more?  You're a huge piece of shit, you know that?" 
"Um, on second thought, maybe you're right.  Maybe I don't love you as much as I was thinking I did." 
"There, that's better."

No comments: