Saturday, June 20, 2020

June Sweeps - Day 141


You know, it occurred to me that if I hadn't set this utterly pointless and inutil (as the Spanish say) goal of writing every single day, I could take some time to record the rest of "Three-Time Visitor" and publish a thing or two.  As it stands, the darn writing always has to take up whatever free time I have that's not already taken up by exercise.  For Bossk's sake, I wrote another Ben Parks story this year that I could put out there, and earn as much as six or seven dollars with!

But no, Write Every Day, I told myself, and here I am (well, not writing, exactly, but blogging, and that was another of my goals, made back in January, and still hanging on, like an STD that just won't go away), sitting in front of my computer, not wanting to do it, and watching the time click away on the bottom right corner of the screen.

I worked until lunchtime, and then my mom told me she was going to my niece's to bring her to town, so I made sure to run over and try and steal her away for a couple of episodes of "The Twilight Zone."  I had mentioned that Cathexis and I had only been able to get together to watch the show twice this whole year, but she was happy to sit down with me for a new episode.  We watched one of my favorites, and one that I didn't think was all that good, and that ate up a full two hours.  Then I left her alone to spend time with her grandmother.

So, now here I am, finishing up the sketch I came up with yesterday, and that was only a hundred words or so.  My cousin's going to come up again tonight to try and watch RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK with me,* so that means I have only a couple of hours to write or blog or edit or do actual paid work.  Hmmm.

Whoops, according to my wordcounter, this was my worst day since I started this whole thing.  Wish I gave a crap about it, but boy, oh boy, do I never.

Sit-ups Today: 150
Sit-ups In June: 2634

Words Today: 403 (whoops)
Words In June: 20,426


*Gosh, I'd really like to blog or podcast about seeing RAIDERS again, nearly forty years after the first time.  But I just don't have the time.  Might do it anyway after I send in my script, though a friend of mine has asked me to do some rewriting on a feature script he sent me, and I really ought to look at that as soon as my deadline's behind me.

No comments: