Tuesday, June 16, 2020

June Sweeps - Day 136


Nothing today.  Sorry.


Because Mondays are busy, I didn't blog anything except my numbers.

Sit-ups Today: 111 (again)
Sit-ups In June: 1834

So, the other thing I wanted to say about today, but didn't have time to go into (I'm typing this a few days later, sitting in an actual chair, on an actual flabby behind) was that I started a new story today.  I know, I know, it's irresponsible of me, since I've got several works-in-progress, and two of my goals for the month are to finish "Podcatcher" and "Only Have Eyes For You," but I mentioned in my most recent podcast an idea I had about a couple of kids that find an egg, and I decided to jot that down, in case I wanted to write it later.

One day, I will look back on 2019 and 2020 and say, "Oh no, not another story about unrequited love, inspired by that same damned girl that had absolutely no interest in me that year," but right now, it's still inspiring stories like the old time locomotive conductor shoving logs into the stove as fast as he can manage. And this one, while intended to be about two boys and a girl who find an egg while exploring, has now become about a teenaged boy and girl that are hiking together, and make the same discovery

And yep, there's unrequited love in this one too.

But hey, for some reason--I don't plan these things, they just happen as I write them--it's the girl that has a crush on the boy, and he sees her as too young and too plain, despite him being about fifteen and her being thirteen or so.  He's just moved into town and she's his neighbor, so he has nobody else to hang out with, but they'll end up bonding over this discovery they make.

And gosh, I would like nothing more than to have them get together, for him to discover that she's actually pretty darn cute, and they explore their sexuality for page after page, the prehistoric egg they found completely forgotten by the author.  That would sure be nice.

But instead, it's probably going to go another way.  We'll see, since I just started it today.  But it seems like it could be a short story I finish by the end of the month, especially if I figure out where it's going the next time I go running or mow the lawn or something.  I'll let you know.

Words Today: 1580 (not bad)
Words In June: 15,111





No comments: