Monday, June 29, 2020

June Sweeps - Day 150


If you've read every one of these February Sweeps posts, you have been with me for a hundred and fifty days.  I don't know how you stand it, really.  I can hardly bear it, and I've been with me for decades.  Saturday morning I woke up and went in to have a shower and didn't recognize the guy in the mirror there.  He was no longer fat, and he looked, frankly, different than the person I've seen in that mirror for the last dozen years or so.

Not bad, I thought, and had my quick shower.  But when I got out, the mirror was not yet fogged up, and when I looked, it was the same guy from the day before, and the week before that, and the year before that, and ten years before that.  I didn't get it.  Gone were the muscles, gone was the tone, and in their place was both flab and skinnyness.

Sunday morning I got up, went in, and looked, and it was Skinnyfat.  This morning, it was Skinnyfat again.  I can't explain who that was I saw on Saturday morning.*

One hundred and fifty days. 

Sit-ups Today: 220 (what, I couldn't muster up two more?)
Sit-ups In June: 3797

Words Today: 300
Words In June: 28,861 (dropped below a thousand a day again)


*Of course, Biggie Anklevich once wrote a story called "The Mirror Sometimes Lies," so he may be familiar with this phenomenon.

No comments: