Monday, March 18, 2019

March Sadness - Day 18

Today is Monday (actually, the day is behind me, with almost nothing left), and there's no writing so far.

I have been working a bit (oh, I wanted to mention that, despite whatever I set in yesterday's post for a goal for selling things last night, I ended up listing over a hundred items before I finally threw up my arms* and said, "Okay, time for some sweet, brain-rotting television!"), and I was editing audio tonight, and kept pausing to tell myself I needed to write, but I still don't feel like doing it.

I guess that's the problem: I don't really want to.

It was a mistake to start up on "Balms & Sears" when I didn't know where it was going.  It was inevitable I'd get stuck in creative mud. 

But what's the solution?  To sit down and plot out what has to happen next to get them where they need to be?  I suppose so, but I don't know what to do on that.  It's a lengthy story, probably novella neighborhood right now, but if I wanted to do justice to the friends Alec made when I started the book (he really hit it off with a handsome, popular student, and a pretty girl who I ended up sort of replacing with another girl who lives with his (again, evil?) uncle.  The story wasn't supposed to be about her; it was going to be about Alec bonding with new friends in high school, and at the end of the tale, they (the three of them) go on a road trip to see if they can make a difference in the world.

There was probably going to be some kissing along the way, but it doesn't seem likely now . . . unless it's in a Game of Thrones sort of way, and I've finished reading those for the next few years.

I feel pretty resigned to the fact that I'm not going to get any words today, even though I could probably type up SOMETHING, even if it's nonsense, like I've done on a couple days this month (where I just free-wrote something worthless and/or stupid).  But no, let me fall on my sword and head for bed.

Tomorrow will be better.

Words Today: Zero.  Hell, LESS than zero.
Words Total: Who cares?

*An activity that has been pretty darn uncomfortable today.  You should have seen me try to drag the garbage barrels to the curb, as the ribs on my right side hurt almost as much today as they did yesterday.  But I looked hard in the mirror (which I would not recommend, unless you post on Instagram a lot), and couldn't find any bruising or swelling, so I guess I'm fine . . . just a weakling.

No comments: