Saturday, March 16, 2019

March Vladness - Day 16

As is my wont, I went to the library again today.  Same homeless guy, in same seat, making same terrible sounds (I guess he wasn't snoring, but just wheezing, and that makes me feel worse about it), so I sat on the other side of the Quiet Floor, trying to get me some words onto my total.

I typed up the stuff from my notebook from the auto shop yesterday, and then I proceeded to write something truly sick and effed up.  So effed up, I'm kind of eager to share it with you.

But do I dare?  How brave am I?  And should I have finished it?

I surfed the internet for a few minutes, then, just in case my third bit of offensive twisted writing of the month did not count toward my daily words, I wrote a bit more of the scene from "Balms & Sears" which I seem to have been puttering around with all week.  I honestly do not know if the uncle is a bad guy or not.  If he is, well, that points us toward where the finale should go.  But it was never my plan to have a bad guy in this story at all, just the stress of an old man and a teenage boy living together and secrets coming to light.

Ah well.  As long as I keep writing it, I suppose I'll find out where it's going.

So, because I wrote the naughty sketch and the addition to my novella, today marks (I'm confident) the most words yet for the month.

Tomorrow will be worse.

Words Today: 1,540
Words Total:  12,423

P.S.  Tonight I started editing a podcast, and decided to ask Fake Sean Connery to perform I'm Just A Girl by No Doubt for it.  Only I was appalled by how staggeringly shitty the song was, and I couldn't quite persuade Sean to finish it. I'd found that a lot of songs from the Nineties, which I'd not much cared for when they were new, have grown a veneer of nostalgia that makes them shine a little more, or feel a little fresher . . . but not this one.

1 comment:

spaceVulture said...

Please do finish and share your horrible story. It can't be much worse than the Minnesota Diarrhea Ghost after all... Plus aren't we all a little depraved, I mean we're fans of you and Fake Sean.

Speaking of which, yeah, that No Doubt song has not held up well. So many 90's hits don't. Like Empire Records doesn't hold up. But there's good stuff too, like Counting Crows and High Fidelity to make up for it.