Friday, March 22, 2019

March Badness - Day 22

Didn't go to the library today.  Though I still could.*

So, let me give you a little update in how things are going. "Balms & Sears" has not altogether stalled, as I wrote on it a bit today at work (in my magic notebook, which sucks because I'll have to type it up or go through counting the words, which I hate), but is about 55% finished.

The crack on my windshield now covers about a third of the glass. It bums me out every time I see it. Guess I should start setting aside a few dollars each day to get it replaced.

"Ten Thousand Coffins" is all recorded, and I am currently editing Chapter 25 (of 27). If I focused solely on it instead of any podcasts, I could have the whole thing done editing this week. But I probably won't. I'll give myself next Friday as a deadline. Then, I'll start dealing with the cover art.

The sequel to "Like A Good Neighbor" (which does have a title, and boy howdy, if you didn't like the first one's title . . .) is about 58 or 60% finished. It is a shorter piece than "Balms & Sears," and the writing seems to really be flowing on that one. If it continues, I may have it finished this month.

My Rocky Mountain Horror story is done, but unfortunately more than 2000 words too long. I think I'll send it to somebody to give me notes on, and then try to cut here and there. As it's mostly dialogue (probably 75%), that should be easier than if it were something like "Journey Into Another Dimension" or "Into the Furnace" or "Newfound Fame," which all at least have SOME action in them. While I suspect the story will be less effective in a 5000 word form, I'm pretty sure five or six hundred of its current words SHOULD go, as I tried to keep everything I wrote on the different days, except the bits I had written twice.

My stupid scooter injury is better today, mostly because I've only sneezed a single time (I'm actually feeling grateful for the rain). I still have yet to see a bruise or any swelling, but you'll forgive me for not wanting to look to close at myself with my shirt off.

My podcasts are coming along alright. I've got four finished Rish Outcasts that are ready to go, and a That Gets My Goat that is about 40% edited. I knew it would be a tough one when we finished recording it, and I'm almost tempted to speed up the playback and edit it that way, like I did during one of our marathons, because I was running behind. I also edited a bit for Marshal Latham's Patreon supporters, and we keep meaning to get together and do a Delusions of Grandeur or two, but haven't managed it. Lastly, I have an edited story for our next Dunesteef show, but I want to send it to Big to listen to before we sit down and do the episode for it. And I dread that.


Anyway, I jotted down some writing in my notebook today, and meant to write some at night after I worked on podcast editing . . . but I fell asleep.  I'll have to count up the words in the book, and see if I can do better tomorrow (spoiler warning: I probably won't).

Words Today: 194
Words Total: 16,758

*I didn't.

No comments: