Wednesday, March 27, 2019

March Madness - Day 27

So, I actually took a day off from editing podcasts on Sunday (which is unusual), but I made up for it the next two days, where I finished two chapters of “Coffins,” and got partway through our next That Gets My Goat show.  The one after that is a trio episode we did with Marshal Latham, and I hope I can get that one done before AVENGERS 4 comes out.

As far as “10,000 Coffins” goes (the title is actually “Ten Thousand Coffins,” written out, but with the audio files I always abbreviate it, to save time), I only have one more chapter to edit, and then it’s done.  That means I can publish the audiobook in the near future.  Of course, the text is all the way done, and has been for over two weeks, and I haven’t done Bo Diddley, The Originator, to publish that.  Is it any wonder that I feel afraid, after all of the misery that I’ve made?

Hey, if a week goes by and I haven’t mentioned that I’ve put that out there, feel free to leave me a comment or an email calling me a dumbass, would you?

Beyond that, I went to the library again today, and wrote a bit of Lara and the Witch stuff. 

Yesterday, I jotted down a few notes (which I don't count as writing, any more than these blogposts), figuring out what has to happen to get to the end of the story.  Unless I've forgotten something from my initial brainstorm two years ago (and I know that I have, since I distinctly remember setting something up in the very first scene that is supposed to pay off at the climax, but I don't remember what it was, exactly), I'm much closer to being done than I would have guessed.  I think I'm over seventy percent finished with the story.

And I'm not really sure how that happened.  Normally, a project like this would take me months to get through (and it has, if you count the first two times I started and stalled on it), but writing everyday seems to have condensed that timeline considerably.

Which begs the question: why don't I write every day of every month, instead of just Februarys or Marches?  And that's a difficult question to answer.  Except that I felt uniquely motivated this year to do this, and there were days I didn't want to write, and (minus one) I forced myself to do it every one of those days, even if it was barely any words at all.

Once April hits, I might not have that resolution hanging over my head, and I will probably revert to my slovenly ways.

Or maybe not.  Maybe I'll just keep going, and this project will get finished, and "Balms & Sears" will get finished, and then I'll move on to finishing "My Friend of Misery (Part 2)" and "Sins of a Sidekick."  And then, who knows what I'll write?

Hmmm.  When you put it that way, it sounds pretty awesome, actually.

Rish

So, I only got a bit written in the notebook (139 words), but sat down for longer on the computer (802).  And I'm fine with that.

Words Today: 941
 Words Total: 20,964

1 comment:

Journey Into... said...

You did so much better than me. Thanks for being a good example. I didn't write at all in March, but I am renewing my pledge for April. Today is April 1st and I wrote 99 words.