Tuesday, March 12, 2019

March Badness - Day 12

So, today was a very good day for me as a writer, but not so good for me in my daily writing. 

What I actually managed to accomplish was finishing my recording of "Ten Thousand Coffins," the novella (or whatever they're called) I wrote in 2017, and planned to release last year.  I asked my friend Austin to do the cover for me, and told him I thought I wouldn't need it until August (of 2018).  It really vexed me, the production of this one, and I feel I may have worked longer on this one than any other audio project, and it makes me wonder if I worked on the project before it ("A Mark on the Sky") for longer than I did on the one before that ("Journey Into Another Dimension"). 

What if it just keeps getting worse with each passing project?  Perfectionism sucks.*

But still, I've finished the recording, and now have to finish the editing (I've got Chapters 23-26, the titles and the Author's Note to edit), and then comes the actual publishing bit.  It would be grand if Audible would accept my work the first time through.  For a change.

I can't remember what I wrote, when I actually did sit down to write, though.  It was a Tuesday, and I remember sitting down to write before I went to sleep, but what was it I was working on?  And why is there no record of it?  Maybe I should do my daily writing in each of these blog entries, so I could keep it all straight.

Words Today: 514
Words Total: 8742

*"10000 Coffins" was the first time I decided to eliminate every single mouth noise I heard on my recording.  It was super time-consuming, and slowed me down on Abbie Hilton's next project (which is, I assure you, mouth noise-free), and ruined me for professional audiobooks for a while, as I listened to a couple from the library and winced at all the mouth sounds I heard on it.  Madness isn't always glamorous, kids.

No comments: