Friday, March 29, 2019

March Buntness - Day 29

Well, I got a pitiful amount of writing done yesterday, and it looks like today will be worse.  I COULD still go to the library, but if I was going to go . . . I'd have gone already.  That means I won't finish either project before the month is over.

But it would be amusing to me if I kept up my daily writing once March was over.  I know myself too well, of course, but it would be pretty neat if I was still doing these dumb posts a week from now.

I've got more stuff to edit--a podcast with Big, a podcast with Marshal, and a podcast with Big and Marshal, and then two videos that are shot and ready to go (one is 88% finished, but my computer started being a bastard again, and I just turned the damn thing off a couple days ago, hoping it would come back on when I turned it on again.  Amazingly, it did.*

Maybe I will go to the library. 

***

Well, I did run over, for the last time of the month, using my mom as an excuse.  She has surgery on Monday, and will be in bed for a while after, and mentioned that she'd like to see if Robin Cook has written anything lately, so I drove over and grabbed a big stack of his books (basically anything written in the 21st Century), and then sat down at the usual computer and typed away for a few minutes.

Because Gino has been there since I wrote this (he was the first person I shared "Like A Good Neighbor" with, I believe), I thought I'd name a character after him.  But I've already done that . .. several times.  So, I thought I'd name a character after his kid.  But I didn't know if he'd be cool with that or not (people are strangely protective of their children, in a way that I can't quite seem to understand), so I asked him, and he didn't care.

We'll see if that stands when he reads the book.

If he reads the book, I mean.  Don't wanna get too ahead of myself.

Words Today: 809
Words Total: 22,105

*Amazing to me, anyway.  And you may be wondering, "Well, did you at least save the fucking video you had been editing for days before?"  To which I say, hey, watch your language, and no, I didn't save it.  I couldn't save it.  The fucking computer was fucking frozen, so I couldn't save or exit anything.  My options were to turn it off and hope it restarted, or to throw it across the room.  And the latter option I like to keep open for my craptop.  Someday, Jennifer, someday.

No comments: