Thursday, July 16, 2020

Februly Sweeps - Day I Dunno



I should be at the cabin today, but I didn't go yesterday.  It was probably a mistake, but ah well.

I sold my last Dark Phoenix action figure today, one I got as Toys R Us was circling the drain.  Sad to see it go, but happy to make so much money from it.  Hasbro could reissue it, if they wanted to, or make the white costume version out of it, if they wanted some easy money.  Like the man said, "Sometimes I just don't understand human behaviour."

In other good news, I got a new Patreon supporter, which baffles me, but I sure appreciate it.  Feel free to join him.

I turned on a YouTube video yesterday, and left the room just as it was ending.  I guess AutoPlay automatically got turned on again (the bastards), because when I came back in, hours later, it was playing something not even remotely connected to what I had been watching, twenty or thirty degrees of Kevin Bacon away from it.  I know that's not interesting, but I can't sleep, so I typed it.

I got most of my work done, then went to the park, threw a blanket under a tree, and wrote for a half hour or so (maybe it was an hour, I dunno) on my egg story.  It was a story where there were two teenaged protagonists, a boy and a girl, and neither of them were remotely based on me.  So today, I introduced the girl's father, and he's totally fashioned after my idea of what I would be like if I were the parent of a teenaged girl.  I really don't know where the story is going (except the dog's gonna get it), so the dad may or may not have much to do later in the narrative, and I may end up feeling he's a totally superfluous aspect to the story.

I may have gotten carried away with my writing there, because I didn't stop until I got to the point where the egg hatched, and then I took my blanket and computer to the car.  For good measure, I ran the stairs twice (which is kind of masochistic on an afternoon in July).

I might've gotten my audiobook recording done, but instead I did a podcast with Marshal, our first in a month or so.  I hope somebody out there enjoys it.

Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In July: 2371 (less than a thousand sit-ups away from my goal*)

It looks like I'll be spending part of next week in Las Vegas, helping my aunt and her husband move.  It'll probably be around 110 degrees, which is tough, but doing manual labor in that is tougher.  Plus, somebody somewhere said we'll have to wear masks while we do it.  I might sneak off to the cabin again tomorrow, hoping I get mauled by a bear.

Words Today: 1979
Words In July: 14,633

*I wonder if I could do a thousand sit-ups in a single weekend, if I went to the cabin and set the goal to do it.  It wouldn't benefit me in any way, but it would be an interesting experiment.

No comments: