Monday, July 13, 2020

July Sweeps - Day 164


Happy Harrison Ford's birthday!

I was filling in my work on the Magic Spreadsheet Big and I share, and I've fallen so far behind him--over ten thousand words--that if we included February on there, I might still only be a dozen words ahead.  But who's counting?*

Well, the Magic Spreadsheet, apparently.  And when I only got 101 words the other day, it considered my writing streak over.  I might as well have written zero words that day, because it started me over the next day, and there's nothing I can do about that except with a rigged-out DeLorean.  But I can continue to work each day in the future, as best I can.

Today, I have seven words so far.

Despite that, I rewarded myself with one of those blue Mountain Dew sodas (Voltage, I believe it's called), which are so delicious . . . I guess I'll drink three.


Well, I only ended up drinking one.  But tomorrow, I will strive to do better.

Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In July: 2038

As far as writing goes, another piss-poor showing.  We're getting to the point where there are more of those than there are impressive days anymore.  Part of it is just writing fatigue, but it's also having finished two stories in a week, I either have to work on one of my abandoned projects (which, I suppose, now includes my novel), or start on something new.  Daunting, isn't it?

Words Today: 323
Words In July: 10,659

*I was thinking, just the other day, that if I could count all this daily blogging as writing, I'd be at a million words by now.  Heck, I may have put that in my blog before, since I'm better at it than I am at the other kind of writing, or even sit-ups.

No comments: