Friday, July 03, 2020

July Sweeps - Day 154


After my extremely pitiful writing performance of the last two days, I wonder how much harder I should work today to get my numbers up.*  I wonder . . . but I'm not going to do it.  Sorry, I just don't care anymore.

As I typed that, I just realized I hadn't done any sit-ups today . . . and that I care about.  Crazy, isn't it?

So, I did my sit-ups and I did my running,

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In July: 548

My brother-in-law's kid told me the other day that there were a handful of "Rick & Morty" episodes that I had missed, so I went in to watch all of those, but after a particularly bad one (it was one where Rick is informed that he's knocked up some alien lady, and she turns out to be an entire planet), I decided I needed to stop watching and get some darn writing done.**

I wrote a bit on my Halloween story, and actually managed to get a few pages of my audio work done, but once the fireworks started, I knew I was done.  It's hard enough to record when there are cars driving around or phones ringing, but fireworks?

I timed my evening run just right when there were lots of fireworks going off in every direction.  There was even a moment when I had to stop running and just look out over the hill to the sky with a full (or nearly-full) moon and multiple fireworks displays going on.  Cool.

I read an interview with George R.R. Martin the other day where he said that "The Winds of Winter" will be released in 2021.  I can't imagine anybody was excited to hear that.  Honestly, when that book finally comes out, I fear only Betty White will be around to read it.

Words Today: 1105
Words In July: 2266

*I even considered cheating on my only writing "Podcatcher" at the cabin rule, and making myself finish it today.  Hey, nobody would know but me . . . and after a couple of months, I wouldn't remember either.  Heck, I can see me in 2024 (if I'm still alive then) looking through my files and saying, "Podcatcher?  Isn't that the name of a program that saves your podcasts?  What an awful name for a story!"  And then I'd look at it and realize I had written it, back in 2019 and '20.  Sigh.

**Honestly, that episode was so ugly and unpleasant, if it were the first episode of the show I saw, I'd never have gone back.  And it makes the Season 2 dimensional cable episode, which I proclaimed then to be "the first-ever bad Rick & Morty episode" look like one of the perfect Season 1 episodes.

No comments: