Sunday, July 12, 2020

Storage Unit Junk Cascade

I failed in uploading a new Storage Unit Serenade video this week, partly out of laziness, and partly due to . . . a mishap.

So, I went to the unit only once this week, but figured I'd record something (I got a new phone with a much nicer camera, after all), but when I opened the door, something was pushing on it from the other side.  I forced the door up, and a huge tidal wave of boxes and bags full of action figures and such assorted garbage came pouring down on me.  Apparently, at some point in the last few days, something collapsed in there and a bunch of boxes had toppled, just waiting for a poor, unfortunate merman, like myself, to open the door.

I was talking to Big Anklevich at the time, and took this picture to show him what I was up against:


Normally, I would never share a picture like this with you, since it's not unlike sending you a photo of my undercarriage.  But I hung up on Big and spent an hour--AN HOUR--cleaning up packages and restacking boxes, the whole time baking in the ninety-five degree sun.  When I was done, I certainly didn't feel like singing, and I would've looked even worse than usual all sweaty, dirty, and disheveled, doing a Lionel Richie or Chaka Khan song.

So, I just called it a day and grabbed a couple of the Star Wars boxes that had been most damaged to take back to the house and sell loose.*  Even then, the door still wouldn't come down right--a Ghostbusters box had slid into its path and was summarily crushed when I tried to close the door (whoops).

*Love those Star Wars collectors.  On my auctions I tend to write, and I quote, "the package is in ____ condition, but not Mint-On-Card, NEVER Mint-On-Card."  And I had a guy just the other day still insisted on returning his figure for it being "Not As Described."  I wrote eBay a somewhat upset email, since they always side with the buyer (it's funny when I hear liars claim that they don't, because they are, what's the word?  Oh yeah, liars), and though I didn't hear back from them, the guy never sent back the figure for the refund he demanded.

No comments: