Friday, July 03, 2020

12 Goals For 2020 - June


You know, I didn't do one of these last month.  Guess I forgot.  Hopefully, that means I got two months' worth done.

1.  Publish "The Calling: Reunion."
    The text file is still out there.  I heard back from Audible that it failed again, and submitted again.  If it fails a third time, I have no idea what I'll do (go to a competitor, I guess . . . although I ought to do that anyway). 
2.  Do Dunesteef Patreon with Big.
   Nope.
3. Put Out "Tales of eBay Horror" Episodes.
   I don't think this is going to happen, although I did print out a hate email I received about one of my sales (and it wasn't even the buyer that sent it), so I could read that in a short episode, maybe at the cabin again?
4.  Finish "Balms & Sears" Novella.
    I want to do this, I really do.  But I haven't.
5.  Publish EITHER "A Sidekick To Miracles" or "You're In Good Hands."
   YIGH (Lara and the Witch 2) is available at this link, and I still haven't heard back from Audible yet.  I imagine it will (also) fail, but until the world stops spinning, I'm going to continue to act as though it will.  I still have an edited Outcast episode ready for this (and for "The Calling 2"), just sitting.
6.  Finish "Podcatcher" short story.
    I am close on this one.  I worked on it yesterday, and if I really apply myself, I can finish it the next time I go to the cabin.  I'll make it a priority.
7.  Do BOTH "Empire Strikes Back" and "Death Star Day" Episodes of "Delusions of Grandeur." 
   "Death Star Day" is already out there (at this link).  The ESB episode(s) I finished recording . . . whoa, today.  Now I just have to edit them.
8.   Publish EITHER "My Friend of Misery" or audio version of "A Lovely Singing Voice."
    Gosh, I'd like to get to these soon.  Maybe as soon as "Three Time Visitor" is done.
9.  Do "Till Death Do Us Meet" Episode With Marshal Latham.
    This is also done, over on the Journey Into... podcast.  Plus, I chatted with him on my own show, so twice the success!
10.  Put Out Christmas Story Collection.
    I edited the audio and published "The Many Faces of Christmas Eve," which I'm sure will be included in the collection, as well as the one I wrote this year ("That's The Spirit!") and "The Twel--Five Wishes of Christmas," which I just discovered and revised this week.  That's not achieving the goal, but it's something.
11.  Put Out Audio Collection 4.
     No progress on this one.  Darn.
12.  Put Out TWO New "Dead & Breakfast" Stories.
     Yes, "The Old Man & Me" and "Fatherless Child."  As soon as I get "Three-Time Visitor" done, I can work on publishing the next story, "Never Let Him Go."

Let's look at what I have accomplished, writing-wise, in 2020 so far:
1.  Three-Time Visitor (D&B)
2.   Fisher & Florence (follow-up to "A Mark on the Sky")
3.   Comics Trip (Fantasy)
4.   Troubled Child (Fantasy)
5.   Fatherless Child (D&B)
6.   Never Let Him Go (D&B)
7.   The Last Friday In December (D&B)
8.   A Sidekick's Errand (Western)
9.   Comics Trip (screenplay version)
10.  A Sucker For Mystery (D&B, formerly known as "Who You Gonna Call?")
11.  Untitled meteorite story  (Horror)
12.  Meet the New Clerk, Same As the Old Clerk (D&B)
13.  Pizza Place Story (formerly Little Caesars story)
14.  That's The Spirit! (Christmas Fantasy)

15.  Turn Around, Jedi (Star Wars sketch)
16.  Bryan Adams sketch (redux)
17.  Comics Trip, The (screenplay - second draft)
18.  Tell Me Once Again, Who's Bad (Star Wars sketch)
19.  Ticking and Talking (sketch)
20.  The Comics Trip (screenplay - third draft)

Not terrible, but if you look at all the stories I've started in 2020 and not finished, this list is woefully lacking.  Luckily, the year ain't over yet.

No comments: