Tuesday, July 28, 2020

July Sweeps - Day 179


Tuesdays are my busiest days, and this one was no exception.

I got up early and got some work done, then the family headed to the reservoir two towns south of here, which I haven't been to in a couple of years.  Because there are relatives visiting from Las Vegas, everything is thrown into disarray and we keep going on outings (quite literally every single day).  It reminds me of when I visited my friend Dave in Los Angeles, and how we went to touristy places like the Hollywood Walk of Fame and the Chinese Theater and some paranormal store called Hellhouse.  I asked him how often he went to those places, and he said, "Only when somebody's visiting from out of town."

I went to the reservoir with the family, and took my canoe out and had to inflate it again.  I took it out on the water a couple of times, but the water was really only for kids--splashing, yelling, laughing, crying kids.


Like this one:


There were just too many people there, and my uncle was spouting off about his conspiracy theories way more so than usual, and I sort of wish I hadn't gone at all (I could've shipped out a few more toys and gotten work done on my audiobook).  But you live and learn.

I seem to remember mentioning that I was going to take this week's Wednesday/Thursday trip to the cabin off because I had just been there on Saturday/Sunday.  Unfortunately, my mom had left her pocketbook up there, with her ID, her credit/debit cards, gloves, and masks in it.  So I said I would head up again and grab it for her.  She told me I didn't have to, but I pretended I had already planned on going, so it would be no inconvenience.  We'll see how that goes tomorrow.

I didn't manage to go for my nightly run because I ended up flooding the kitchen after getting distracted in the middle of draining the turtle water.  I wish it were only the first, second, or third time I have flooded that floor . . . though it was the worst time.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In July: 4367

I tried to get some writing done too, and went to my cousin's and tried to stay awake (to very little avail).  I have considered turning Mondays into my early day, but Mondays are always crazy busy anyway.

Words Today: 820
Words In July: 26,364

No comments: