Friday, July 10, 2020

July Sweeps - Day 161

Well, practically no words today.  I don't even have any excuses other than that I didn't want to write.  I watched two episodes of "Agents of SHIELD" tonight, which I'm enjoying because, not only are they doing time travel in every episode . . . but the bad guys are Hydra again.  Even so, two episodes of TV watching could've been two thousand words right there.

I was driving down the street today and stopped at a red light at an intersection, I was surprised to see a big crowd standing in the road beside me.  Of course, I looked over, trying to figure out why they were standing there.  I couple of them were squatting down, and that's when I discovered there was somebody lying in the street, and the other people were . . . attending to them?  I dunno what you call it, but as I waited for the light to change, the squatting people carried the lying person onto the sidewalk, which I had always been told you're not supposed to do, but hey, I didn't see what happened to that person, so I can't judge.

A moment later, a police car pulled up, parking in the intersection where the people were standing (they got out of the way).  A moment later, the light turned green ahead of me, but I could hear a siren, and the two cars in front didn't start moving.  An ambulance arrived, and pulled right into my lane, then stopped there.  As soon as the ambulance parked, the other three lanes of traffic started moving . . . but mine could not, since there was an ambulance in the way.  I started to signal left, and the car in front of me did the same.  The line of cars behind me, however, would not let us through. 

Finally, there was another siren, and a fire truck pulled up, causing all traffic to stop.  It moved in next to the police car, and the car ahead of me just drove into the left lane, despite the light, which had now turned red.  I thought, "Man, that's brave, considering there's a cop car right there."  But as that car left unmolested, I realized that the police car, ambulance, and fire engine now blocked the entire opposing lane, and so, maybe, it was okay if I went ahead.  I still didn't dare do it.  What would you have done?

So, the light eventually went back to green again, and as it did, I pulled into the left lane, despite a line of about three thousand cars now behind me.  The car behind me did the same--and the two of us went ahead of everybody else, which was only fair, considering we had been there a couple of minutes longer than all the other vehicles in the left lane.  As I drove past, I saw the paramedics attending to the fallen man . . . and realized it was myself.

Okay, not really.  I don't know who the person was, but I had been typing all this and it occurred to me that I didn't have a good ending to the story, other than, I then went home.  I heartily apologize.

Sit-ups Today: 120
Sit-ups In July: 1661

I did my run with the new phone, and discovered that it has a Random button on it.  So, it cycles through the songs I have during my run without me having to pick what the next track will be.  That's both cool--since it's always a surprise--and uncool--since sometimes it's a sappy midlife love tune that you can't really run to.  Still, I remember being a teenager wishing I had one of those CD players with a Random setting.  It's about time.*

I wasn't ENTIRELY useless tonight.  I did finish recording the second section (of three) of "Three-Time Visitor," the story I was supposed to put out months ago.  It's been my goal since, I dunno, February, so I'm definitely going to do it this month.  Unless I don't.

Nothing else to say today, that I can think of.

Words Today: 101
Words In July: 8551

*Yes, I've had a Random button on WinAmp and such on my computer, but I've honestly never had one on any of the mp3 players I used before I had a smartphone.  A sheltered life, I know.

2 comments:

Journey Into... said...

Are you enjoying the last season of AoS? I am.

Rish Outfield said...

Yes, I like the arc of this season a lot more than the last one, and it's fun that they're revisiting earlier characters, episodes, and movies.