Saturday, April 04, 2020

February Sweeps - Day 64


So, today I accidentally listened to one of my old Patreon Addresses (April of 2017, it turned out to be), and discovered that I had been writing every day that year as well.  I had started before February, but carried it through that month, the whole month of March, and into April.  At the time of my address, I had been writing sixty days in a row.  So that means that my "record" of fifty-six days was not accurate at all.

Regardless, in reading through my 2017 blog entries (which, sadly, ate up an hour of my free time tonight), I don't know exactly how many days in a row I did write.  One thing that bugs me about my blog posts is I'll say that I was working on a story, or that I finished a story, but I don't often specify which story that was.  It would be nice to see them by name, so I'd know if they were stories I'd finished/published or not.*

Today, I worked, and then spent most of the day with my family.  We played a card game called Phase 10, for what felt like two hours.  To my surprise, I was the winner (it's almost always my nephew that beats everybody).  Afterward, instead of going to the park (as I have every other day this week), I went out into the backyard, pulled up a chair, and started editing audio.  Whoops, I left the chair outside overnight.

We had dinner together around the table, and the kids started watching ONWARD (which, because of the Coronavirus, has already hit Disney-Plus, despite coming out in theaters about three minutes ago), and I put up some figures for sale (I've sold four of them already, for some reason--people on lockdown?).  Then I ran my usual mile.point.six, started getting the Lara and the Witch sequel published (Big did stick the text on the picture I had temped-up for this, and that left me with no excuses to putting it out there).

I did make an eerie discovery tonight, however.  In the 2013 story, Lara's stepfather was named Tom.  In the 2019 story, his name is Charlie.  Last week, I discovered a couple of references to "Tom" in chapters 11 and 12, and had to sit down and re-do those paragraphs so they now said "Charlie."  Unfortunately, looks like it should've been the opposite (replacing every Charlie with Tom).  I think it would behoove me to sit down and redo every single reference to the stepdad with the wrong name so that--

No, wait.  Can't I just change the shorter story audiobook from Tom to Charlie?  Wouldn't that be faster and more efficient?  I guess that's a bit like George Lucas making changes to the Trilogy so that it would be more in line with the Prequels, despite that being completely asinine. 

What's more, I discovered that I had also done the same with the main villain of the piece.  Whereas the first time he's referred to, his name is Hector . . . by the end of the book, his name is Angelo.  As Sting wrote, "Where a younger man would weep, he takes a pill and goes to sleep.

In other words, I brilliantly decided to keep both names.  George Lucas would be proud.

I had intended to sit down and record a story from 2005 tonight (it's called "Father's Day In August"), so I could have it for the Outcast (I'm mostly through editing the next episode, but the one after that has neither the story nor the "banter" bit edited), but my eyelids got heavy.  Too bad, I thought it would be interesting to see how different I'd write it today, living with three children, rather than in '05, living alone.

I am now 85% finished with my Little Caesar's story (which I am changing to a Fat Ian's Pizza story), and still in the first scene of the Mason/Rowan story, and I don't know if that's going to be a long one or a short one . . . or have any idea where it's going.

Words Today: 967 (I tried to make a thousand, but I was just so sleepy.  Not sure why)
Words In April: 4,046

P.S. The image at the very top is what I've decided to paint my Hulkbuster to look like.  Back when Big still lived here, he showed me a repaint someone had done of the gigantic Walmart exclusives Titan Heroes Hulkbuster in the Marvel Now! colors of black and gold.  I loved it so much I've done three repaints of it (small, medium, and now large).  I'll find a picture other than this as soon as I can:


P.P.S. Every day I'm posting one of these and picking a song.
Day 4. "Right Here, Right Now" by Jesus Jones.  I dunno how much I have to go into this.  I was pretty crazy about this girl (and yeah, I go crazy sometimes, as crazy as Tammy Wynette or Flesh For Lulu), and everything she liked, I tried to like.  I bought the Jesus Jones album "Doubt" because of her (at least I think it was called "Doubt"), and now, well, I just wish I had my $8.99 back whenever I think about that band.  But that's just me . . . I assure you, I'm feeling much better now, tee hee, tee hee.

*One of these that I did mention by name was called "Sin Eater."  I don't have any memory of writing a story called that.  My guess is it was just a concept, and not anything I actually wrote out with any significance.

No comments: