Thursday, April 09, 2020

Feb/Mar/Apr Sweeps - Day 69


A few weeks ago, right before everything started shutting down, I went to the thrift shop (where I always take my Instagram stuffed animal photos) and saw this sign that said "Brothers."  I took a picture of it, thinking I could send that picture to Bigglesby Anklevich the next time he does or says something so in line with my own thinking that I have to proclaim that we're brothers.  Hasn't happened yet, though.  I'll let you know.

I finished editing another Dunesteef episode today, and it should drop sometime later this week.  I don't think I'll be doing any more of those for a little while, though.  Hope you understand.

I meant to put out another Rish Outcast today, but I didn't.

Sometime after posting my blog last night, even though I had exercised (a lot) and written (a lot), I started feeling really sad.  Really alone.  Really low.  I did an image search for Munch's The Scream, and looked at the different versions he did (and the derivatives that image searches produce, like a Lego one, black and white ones, a CG one, and one with various pop celebrities in it).  I had already done the image for yesterday's post, so I went ahead and created one for this one.  I also put on Foo Fighters' Everlong and listened to that about seven times through.

Sometimes you just want to feel worse, you know?


I recently did an episode about Robert E. Howard, and how when he heard his mother was terminally ill, he went out and killed himself.  I think I may follow his lead.  He was probably a really cool guy, and that gives me something to aspire to.

Of course, maybe that's not something to put in my blog.  Hmmm.

Today was a cold, overcast day, and I haven't been particularly motivated to write.  I got a few words in--at the time of this writing, I'm at just over 400 words.

I'm afraid I'm not going to make it to a thousand today.  I had this idea for a screenplay, and thought I'd take a few minutes to jot it down, but before I was halfway done, I realized it was pretty bad (this is a commonplace occurrence for me, although I have managed to wring a couple of good stories out of these.  More often, though, I never write them out to begin with), and didn't want to continue.  None of that counts as my daily words, though.

I guess this is another weak day for me, and that's okay.  Technically, I could write one word each day for the rest of the month and I'd still be writing every day.  Some days will be good and some won't be, and maybe I'll feel positive and inspired tomorrow.  If not, I'll do the best I can.  Like Sting said, "One more night I'll just have to take my chances; And tomorrow we'll see."

Words Today: 767
Words In April: 9338

P.S. Each day I'm posting one of these.

Day 9. "Jenny (867-5309)" by Tommy Tutone.  This is the first song that I taught my nephews to sing in the car with me, and I've loved it since the first time I heard it, in late 1995.

1 comment: