Wednesday, April 15, 2020

April Sweeps - Day 75


This whole circle of life thing is weird.  I went to sleep pretty proud of myself for exercising, editing, and writing . . . and when I woke up the next day, I was back to zero again.

But don't worry: I'm not going to put writing off to the last minute today.  I mean, it's barely four pm, and I've already written 44 words.  I was but a learner; now I am the master.

The audiobook for "You're In Good Hands" is up to three hours and four minutes.  I suppose it'll only be around four hours when it's done.  Not sure what I think about that.

So, a week or more ago, Big Anklevich asked me to do my Optimus Prime voice for a little sketch he was doing involving his oversized action figure.  I thought it turned out quite good, and immediately thought of doing a rebuttal of it.


I don't know if you can still do what they used to call "reaction videos" on YouTube, where yours is linked to somebody else's, but I went ahead and recorded my own, then sent it to Big to put the finishing touches on.  He is so much more proficient than me when it comes to video editing that it's like comparing my nephew's typing skills to my own . . . or my own writing skills to those of the Sanderson alien.

But here's my own.  Hope somebody likes it.


In writing today, I focused on my Rowan and Mason story, and got to a point where I was tempted to write "the end," even though nothing supernatural WHATSOEVER happened.  And that gave me pause.  Since I didn't know where the story was going, was there any point in continuing it?

I never came up with an answer to that, but I did sit down and tell myself I couldn't get back up again until I'd reached a thousand words.  As a reward, I could drink some water and then go on my nightly run (yes, madness takes its toll: I now consider exercise some kind of reward . . . why am I not in a straightjacket somewhere with a nice Thorazine drip?).

Well, I did it, I forced myself to write a thousand words, and now I feel at least somewhat accomplished.

Words Today: 1002
Words This Month: 16,700

P.S. Also, I'm going to, starting today, go back and insert this song poll thing that I've been posting on Facebook every day.  Somebody posted theirs at the end of March and I've been listing one song each day since April 1st.  I figured, since I go to the trouble of posting them daily, and I'm already blogging daily, I might as well include them here.  Here's today's:
Day 15. My favorite cover is Sting's version of "Little Wing" by Jimi Hendrix. I talked about it earlier this sweeps marathon, but there's the line that goes,
"When I'm sad, she comes to me, 
With a thousand smiles, she gives to me free.  
It's okay, it's okay, she says, 
Take anything you want from me."
Wow.

1 comment:

Journey Into... said...

Maybe the supernatural element can be brief, like Old Man Teklits appearling to give Masona thumbs up.