Wednesday, April 22, 2020

April Sweeps - Day 82

Ugh, don't want to do it today.  It's almost four pm, and I'm seriously tempted to close my eyes for a few minutes.

And I did.  Don't think I got any sleep, because I told my phone to wake me up in fifteen minutes, and then it rang, and I thought, "Well, that was a waste of time."

I'm going to finish uploading the audio to "You're In Good Hands" today.  It makes me sad that I've dragged my feet on it this long.  I hope that people respond to it--the best reaction would be a melancholy reaction, but a hope that more is on the way.  The way that it ends works (for me) as a definitive end to the series.  We see a glimpse of the way the witch has been changed by the girl, and the girl?  Well, Lara changes throughout the two stories, and is at a crossroads at the end, where she could go one way or another, and I like leaving it at that.

But there could easily be more stories with those two, and I did have that big falling out scene in my mind before I even wrote this book, and the consequences of Lara losing control of her magic that might be interesting to deal with.  I guess there are always possibilities, as Spock taught us.

But again, you can't do everything.  Tonight, Marshal Latham and I are going to talk to Gino Moretto in New Zealand for our Star Wars podcast, and that might mean I can't get to everything I was planning today (I meant to record "Try Your Luck," either for an Outcast episode, or for an audio collection.

Oh, and speaking of Gino, he sent me this today:
The guy is preternaturally talented when it comes to logos.  Seriously, if you have a logo you'd like him to design, toss him a line and a wad of cash.  You won't regret it.

Well, I did get the audio done and uploaded.  Total length of the audiobook is three hours forty-nine minutes.

Afterward, I did some brief writing.  But not nearly enough.

So, instead of publishing this with the words I had, I stayed up another half hour writing, and got to a respectable number.  Still, I have no idea where this story is going.  Hopefully not into the circular file.

Words Today: 1379
Words In April: 25,582


P.S. Each day I post one of these:
Day 22. When I saw this question, I immediately thought of "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor (from ROCKY III).  But then I was going to be bold and pick another Survivor song, "The Burning Heart" (from ROCKY IV), just to not pick the obvious.  But you know, I'm still going with "Eye of the Tiger."  Sometimes I put that on when I am running, and I probably go .03% faster.

No comments: