Tuesday, April 21, 2020

February Made Me Shiver With Every Paper I'd Deliver - Day 81

You're not going to believe this (I hardly can myself), but I called the sheriff's department down south today and told them I hadn't heard anything about my ticket until yesterday, but could they please waive the delinquent fee for me . . . and they put the judge on the phone and he said, "Yes."  I guess looking like a supermodel sure payed offf four mee todaey.*

Oh, and they canceled the arrest warrant too, which is nice.

I drove down to my niece's house today to pick something up, meaning to step in and take off, since she's worried about getting me sick and me getting others sick.  I felt like hanging out with her, though, but she wanted to make sure we were six feet apart, so we went out on her back deck and hung out until her mom got home from work.  Cathexis is now old enough for me to tell her all my stories about working in Los Angeles and having my car stolen and my apartment broken into and talking to Paul Walker about Jessica Alba's blue bikini, but she's young enough that she hasn't heard all my stories before or think they're boring . . . yet.

I haven't done much with anyone lately that I don't live with (my uncle asked yesterday if I wanted to get together and do karaoke, and I just assumed he meant via Zoom, but by the time I realized he meant doing it in the front yard, he had already taken off to Las Vegas for the week), and I guess even it's gotten to me, because I was there long enough to have gotten a pretty good sunburn on my forehead and neck.

And my sister told me their washing machine was clogged, and so I was able to help them get that working again (IT WAS A SOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), and that made me feel like I had accomplished something.

Didn't get a lot of words written.  I intended to, but my nephew just re-learned to ride a bike and wanted to practice it with me, so we rode from one end of the local bike trail to the other, and by the time we were done, it was dark.


I should have finished my Christmas story or my D&B story by now (if this were February, I'd have both of them done), but as it stands, the holiday tale (which I suppose I'll have to find a title for, something with "ornament," or "Getting In The Spirit" or "The Christmas Spirit," or maybe "That's The Spirit!") is about 76% done, and the Rowan/Mason story is . . . well, since I don't know where it's going, it could be 90%, or only 40%.  We'll see.

Unlike last night, when I didn't get to my run until after one am, I made sure to get it in around 10:30.  But when I sat down to finish my writing, I found . . .

Too tired . . . to go on.  Must . . . speak like . . . Captain Kirk.

Words Today: 767
Words In April: 24,203
Words Total: 111,782

P.S. Every day I post one of these:
Day 21. A song with a person's name in it.  I'm going to pick "Michelle" by the Beatles.
I named a character after that song in the first "Dead & Breakfast" story, and now she shows up all the time (sometimes spelled Meechelle, sometimes Meeshelle, and occasionally, Michelle).  She's in my pizza story too, which probably means I'm just getting old and unoriginal.

*Sorry to be an asshole there, but I really did spell "paid" as "payed" and then decided to lean into it.

No comments: