Tuesday, April 14, 2020

April Sweeps - Day 74


There was something I was going to blog about earlier today, but I can't remember what it was now.

I really tried to get some work done today, both the earning money kind and the writing and editing kind.  My guess is that I got more words written today than the last three days combined, but I also didn't record anything, and that makes a big difference.

I was in a good mood today, and I wonder how much that contributed to my writing.  Big said that I look forward to the endorphins my brain produces when I exercise and that's why I like to go running every night.  He also said that's why he eats his body weight in carrot cake whenever someone leaves it around.  He may be right.

I wrote a bit on the Mason/Rowan story.  I essentially have this girl come into his life and be interested in him from the start, but he doesn't know what to think about it, because she's obviously a damaged, complex person.  And even if she wasn't, he saved her life . . . is that why she likes him?  And can you live with that, if you and this other person hit it off, or do you always wonder if her interest in you is genuine?

Guess those are questions I must write on to find the answers to.  Of course, there haven't been any ghosts in this particular story . . . and something tells me that's got to change.

I finished up editing Chapter 19 of "You're In Good Hands," but man, is it long.*  I was tempted to split it into two chapters, but then I'd have to bump all the rest of the chapters down one for the rest of the story, which is not a hassle in the text version, but is a bit more complicated with the audiobook.  What should I do?

I got a big pimple on my neck this morning, and it's bright red now.  I always associate zits with being a teenager, but I haven't been one (or even played one) in decades now, and yet, still I have to deal with this shit?  Well, I guess it's nothing compared to what you have to deal with, is it?

Thanks for the perspective.  That's all for today.

Words Today: 1630
Words In April: 15,698
Words Total: 103,277


P.S. Each day I'm posting one of these:

Day 14. "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran.  I remember where I was the first time I heard that song, and digging it quite a bit.  Then, of course, I lost my mind over some skirt, and pretty much every love song took on a new meaning, but this one specifically was achingly good to me (even though it has the weird line, "I'll be loving you till we're seventy." Maybe seventy is unthinkably ancient when you're twenty-three, but it sure isn't at my age).

*Turns out, I was wrong about finishing it.  I'm only at the nine minute mark in what will probably be a sixteen or seventeen minute chapter.  But it is probably the most significant chapter in the book (although that's hard to say for sure), and has a moment I think works quite well.  I wonder if I should split it or if it's more effective as a single long chapter.

No comments: