Sunday, April 26, 2020

April Sweeps - Day 86


I have a Transformer I bought when I was in Las Vegas in March, intending to add it to my collection (I have four of them standing on my windowsill, including the Megatron from the video the other day).  But I haven't dared open it.  You see, I made the mistake of looking it up on eBay when I got it home, and found that I could double what I paid for it if I sold it.

But I didn't sell it.

Instead, it sits in the box on a huge pile of crap that, if I ever muster the ambition to clear out, will only be replaced by another huge pile of crap within a few days.  Last night, I looked at it again and thought, "Dude, I should open this and play with it for a minute, then put it up there next to Soundwave and Megatron."

But as soon as I thought that, I knew what would happen: I'd enjoy posing it and standing it up there with the other four . . . and that would be it.  Every time I look at it from that point on, I'd be aware that I could have sold it, but instead, it's just there, not being played with, just another thing on the windowsill.  Sigh.

Today was Sunday, and I tend to relax a bit on these days, since there's no point (in my mind) in trying to get packages shipped or heading to the post office.  I always spend three hours at the end of the night, between 8:00 to 11:00 listing items on eBay anyway (someone once observed that that's when the most eyes are on the website, so I try to have my auctions end during that window).  The last two weeks, I've gone hiking on Sunday afternoons, so I'm looking forward to it today.

But first, I forced myself to upload the entire Lara and the Witch audio file to Audible, hoping (kind of dumbly) that "You're In Good Hands" will be approved, and that these same files will also be accepted.  To my surprise, most of the original "Like A Good Neighbor" files that were accepted by them in 2016 were immediately flagged as too quiet today.  So, I opened every one of them, boosted the volume, and re-saved.  A couple were still deemed too quiet, but most went through.

The final length for the two pieces together is five hours and twenty-nine minutes.  We'll see if any of them sell.  That is, if they are accepted by Audible in the first place.

I got 178 words so far, so I'm going to head up the canyon now.

To be continued . . .
I like how this silhouette could be anybody.

Words Today: 821

Words In April: 28,871

P.S. I post one of these each day.
Day 26. So, a song that makes me want to fall in love.  My first thought was "I Can't Help Falling In Love With You," the Elvis Presley version.  It's so good, and it makes me want to sing it at a storage unit near you.  But I thought I'd try to come up with something else, one of those songs that, when I hear it, I go, "Ohhhh, please let me meet someone and this can be Our Song."
I thought about Finneas "Let's Fall In Love For The Night," which is a new song (at least new to me in 2020), which I taught myself to sing at a storage unit, but got one line wrong and it bugs me to this day (those episodes are now so far behind, I could not record another one until October and be fine--I just keep having to go to the damned storage unit).  But that's more a song about getting it on for one night only with a girl that's way out of your league--which is great, don't get me wrong, but it's not what the question is asking for.
Finally unable to come up with anything more profoundly unique, I picked "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel.  I've loved that song, it seems, my whole life.  A perfect song to fall in love to, or be in love to.

No comments: