Monday, March 18, 2024

(NIGHT OF THE LEPUS reference)

In my plug yesterday for the Tales To Terrify episode "The Prairie's Song," I mentioned NIGHT OF THE LEPUS, the 1972 turkey made by a film crew that was used to doing Westerns, starring Stuart Whitman, Janet Leigh, Rory Calhoun, DeForest Kelley, and Paul Fix (who both played the Chief Medical Officer aboard the Starship Enterprise, by the way).  

Anyway, if you've listened to the story, you may understand why I referenced NOTL, but even if you don't, I came across this disturbing bit of trivia about the making of the film.

Director William F. Claxton told his female lead, Janet Leigh, that there was a part for her two children, if they wanted to be in the film, and she refused, saying that she in no way wanted her kids exposed to horror films, even in the making of them.  

I found that pretty amusing, since one of those two kids was Jamie Lee Curtis, who remains THE Scream Queen, today, and forever.

No comments: