Monday, March 18, 2024

Rish Narrates "The Prairie's Song" on Tales To Terrify

Once again, the Tales To Terrify podcast has given me a story to perform, and while I appreciate their thinking of me, did you ever see the 1972 classic NIGHT OF THE LEPUS?*  Apropos of nothing, I'm sure.


Anyhoo, "The Prairie's Song" tells the tale of one Leland, who travels across Kansas to homestead a plot of land, which will be legally his if he can manage it for five years.  But as soon as he sees the thick grasses, and hears the whistling of the wind across it, he is unsettled, all alone out there.  But IS he alone?

The story was written by Emily J. Weisenberger and can be found AT THIS LINK.

As I've often observed, every new project offers new challenges, great and small.  This one was the character name Justicia.  Unfortunately, I pronounced it differently practically every single time, giving different sounds to both the J and the U, but never the -cia, which I suppose I never did get right.  But it's not a name I've ever heard before, and my brain kept interpreting it as a Spanish word, so . . . sorry?



*Well I saw it, and it scared the shit out of me.  It scared the shit out of every man in America!

No comments: