Wednesday, March 13, 2024

You Know You're Getting Old When...

I had something of a milestone today, but it wasn't a good milestone, like paying off a house or sleeping with your daughter's friend.  No, this was more along the lines of throwing your back out for the first time, or finding a white chest hair, or, I dunno, pooping your pants for pleasure rather than by accident (you know what I'm talking about).


I went to Ross (Dress For Less, doncha know) and bought a few cheap toys, and the guy behind the counter gave me my total . . . then pressed a button and gave me a new total--a lower total.  I asked what had happened, and he said, "Tuesdays we give a senior citizen discount."  I said, "Uh, what?" but I paid my bill and then looked at the receipt.  Sure enough, there was a ten percent Seniors discount.

Won't be long now, kids.



No comments: