Saturday, March 30, 2024

Lookin' Good, Good-Lookin'

A month or four back, I published "Bundling Made Easy," a Lara & the Witch story that, strangely enough, depicted Lara Demming for the first time since I created her in 2013.  Depicted her visually, I mean (although the cover for "You're In Good Hands" showed a girl's neck that was supposed to be Lara's).  I told it what to draw, and it came up with dozens of possibilities (some super deformed, but some super pretty too), and the one I picked (I know you've heard this before, but I don't care) looked a bit too lovely . . . but she also had three arms.


Perhaps a bit on the freak show side, but still crazy impressive.  And hey, let me fly my flag: I would totally date a girl with three arms.

I think this phenomenon cool, but also weird, and now both Big and I have dedicated many hours to it.  And if you told me I'm going to Hell for playing with A.I. art, I'd have to save you a seat on the bus.

Anyway, instead of writing or exercise last night, I sat up, feeding prompts into the program*, and then thought I would tell it everything I know about Lara Demming, to see what it would generate.

As you know, Kyle, it brings up six (you can have it do more or fewer) images for each prompt, and while some are inevitably deformed, this was the one I liked most for Lara (aged fourteen*):

This was the only one with circles under her eyes, and an almost haunted look about her.

I really like the image, but it doesn't take into consideration any of her magical abilities, though it SEEMED to have taken to heart that she's got a sadness to her.  

Even so, she's still so beautiful it reminds me of how teenaged Reese Witherspoon looked in her first few roles, where you might have understandably wondered if she was created with a computer:

When I did the search for this, Yahoo! said, "Uh, dude, are you SURE you want to make this search?"

But here we get to the reason I created this post in the first place.  I told it everything I know about Victoria Holcomb, and the result was this:


I know, I know.  And I ought not to even comment on it, for fear of offending the person who accidentally stumbles across my blog, looking for a chance to post spam links in the comments.  But hey, that is quite a picture.  I worry my laptop might burst into flames for posting it.

And she almost looks familiar, like some actress or model somewhere, though I can't quite place her.

Big and I are going to get together on Monday to record about these recent experiments, but let me give you a sneak preview when I say that this is simply and totally witchcraft.  Ironic, no?  That I could mention what I know about Old Widow Holcomb (including the stolen youth she uses to keep herself looking young and beautiful), and it could conjure up an image that's not only within a milimeter of what I had in my mind . . . but looks eighty to ninety percent real too . . . wow.

Is it worth burning in Hell, though?

Out of morbid curiosity, I typed "Writer Rish Outfield" into it, just to see what it would produce (who knew, maybe there were photos of me in its database and it would know what, more or less, I look like).  This was the result:

I was just going to include the woman (top left) and man in the center,
but hey, you might as well see all the results it gave me.

*I got these results when I submitted "Bossk in a swimsuit," and I hope to one day coerce Abigail Hilton into writing a story about these two:



**She was fourteen in last year's "Here To Help" and in the story I'm currently writing, which hopefully will have the word "craft" in the title.

No comments: