Sunday, March 17, 2024

What's Troubling You?

So, you may remember my story "Troubled Child," one I wrote for a Journey Into... contest years ago (the Journey Into Journey contest).  I had to write a story using the title "Troubled Child," and incorporating two lines from the song in there.

What I wrote was about a baby that was drawn toward people who were sad or suffering, and you know, it was pretty good, considering the contest stipulations.  I may never win one of those Journey... contests, but you can be sure I'll keep trying.

So, I went ahead and made that available for purchase, encouraged by Big's prolific output recently.  You can check it out HERE.


This is the cover Big made for me last year, that I just got around to using this week, but what I'd really like is to get an image of a baby or toddler reaching toward somebody in a wheelchair.  I see it in my head, but I wasn't able to get a cover generator to do that for me.  

Now that I've been doing this for a couple of weeks (give or take ten years), I sort of wish I'd thought to put "A Short Story" on every one of these covers, to warn people that's what they are.  I'd hate for somebody to buy one, thinking it was a novel, only to discover that I'm not a novelist.  Ah well, maybe next life. 

No comments: