Saturday, August 22, 2020

August Sweeps - Day 204

Today was Saturday, and I used it to catch up on the work I missed yesterday.  I then treated myself to a pizza and a quick trip to the park, where I sat on a blanket and tried to eat all the pizza, but couldn't manage to eat it all.  I wonder what I've done to myself with all this exercise (besides damaging my taint, I mean).  I started writing while at the park, and then the laptop did that thing it does when I go to the park, and restarted, losing me a good chunk of what I had written.

In protest, I decided to edit audio instead, and finished the second half of my Star Wars reading, so that should drop even earlier than we had planned for it.

My Uncle Len came over and sang karaoke with me and my nephews tonight, and it was quite enjoyable.  He complimented my singing about twelve times, and I tried to impress him by doing a karaoke song in Spanish, which I've never done before.  It occurred to me that, in a normal world, someone not related to me would be impressed by that, but clearly this is not a normal world, and I should exit it forthwith.  I am so overflowing with bitterness right now that I could be served at an English pub.  But ah well.

My uncle is moving back to Vegas, which is sad, considering he moved here at the end of last year, and then hardly spent any time here.  I went on my run and did my sit-ups, and I was thinking I might add daily push-ups to my exercise routine in September . . . because I have lost my frigging mind.

Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In August: 4081

Honestly, I could have finished this D&B story already and gone on to finishing "Only Have Eyes For You," if I really forced myself, like I was doing in February (of course, I was fresh then, and had the eye of the tiger).  I figured out how I'd like to end the novel, though it will be disappointing to anybody who reads it expecting something special.  I still may release it in short story installments, but that's so far in the future we may have electric cars and televisions that fit in our pockets.

Words Today: 768 (this is low since I had to reconstruct what I had written and lost, so I technically wrote many words twice)
Words In August: 23,069

No comments: