Monday, August 24, 2020

August Sweeps - Day 206

Mondays tend to be busy work days for me, so not much to blog about, and not many words got written tonight.  I should finish this damned story, since it's really quite pointless, but I've hooked Natalie up with this Marc guy, and tomorrow I'll have them part, and it will be fun to see her all melancholy and heartsick over this dude.   Then I'll have her fixate on the idea of getting him to come to the bed and breakfast on the second of July, so he can encounter a ghost, but crazy as it seems to her (and the author), this guy just simply isn't interested in Natalie Whitmore.  So, that'll be interesting, and we'll see what lengths she goes to to get him there on Ghost Night.

Let's see, what else?  

I spent an obscene amount of money today to back Hasbro's crowd-funding action figure Marvel project, and if you're one of those people who shakes their heads at the thought of a multi-billion dollar company like Hasbro having the temerity to do a crowdfunding project . . . well, you're not wrong.  

Oh, and speaking of toys.  Even though I've never played the video game Fortnite, I have become more than a little fixated on one of the characters--a banana man named Peely.  I found three Peelys at Target today and took a picture to share with Big.  If you look at my eye there, you can see what I was talking about yesterday, though thankfully, the black is already fading, just like my lust for life.

Sit-ups Today: 166

Sit-ups In August: 4347

Last night, I made reference in the story to Disney's LADY & THE TRAMP, and made the mistake of looking it up on Wikipedia, which led to about six other entries, which wasted nearly an hour.  No Wikipedia today . . . except I just thought of something I wanted to look up earlier.  Damn.

There was another baseball game this afternoon--my nephew's team won handily--and I went just so I could force myself to write.  

I read this article today on what walking ten thousand steps a day does to your body (spoiler: it lowers your blood pressure and cholesterol, helps you lose weight, sleep easier, and makes your butthole turn orange), and it made me wonder just how many steps a day I walk.  I had that anti-Semitic app on my old phone that only worked when it wanted to, but I suppose I could install a new one, just to see how many steps a day's activity translates to.  No promises, though.

Words Today: 788 (which isn't great, but respectable)
Words In August: 24,378

No comments: