Monday, August 03, 2020

August Sweeps - Day 185

It should be against the Geneva convention to have to blog and write every single day.  My alarm went off this morning with the sun just clearing the horizon, and my mom and I drove down to my aunt's new house, just a half-mile from my niece Cathexis's place, to unload their storage unit and put the stuff in the new place.

Luckily, my brother, my cousin, and eventually my uncle and other cousin all showed up to help lug stuff around, so it wasn't too exhausting.  Too exhausting was the middle of the day, when I started to feel punchy and too tired/weak to pick up a watermelon that had rolled to the back of my mother's car's trunk.

Mondays are always the hardest days of work for me, and I just quit for the day (it's 11:13pm now) and am now facing this blank page of writing, hoping I can somehow manage to write something, but more so, hoping I can somehow care about it one way or another.

I tried.  Only managed 280 words.  I'm tempted to quit now, but I haven't done any sit-ups.  Maybe that will fill me with energy or determination or something positive to get me through my tiredness.

Sit-ups Today: 222
Sit-ups In August: 433

I hope nobody saw me on my run tonight (doubtful, since it was past twelve-thirty when I went out), since I ran slower and stiffer today than I usually do.  Sometimes I'll watch my shadow as I go, and wonder how dorky my running looks to the zero other people who might be watching.  To me, it looks like Fat Bastard trying to run in the Forrest Gump leg braces, but your mileage may vary.

No, wait, I did get a cat-call a couple of weeks ago as a group of teenagers drove past.  I'd claim it hurt my feelings, but it was the closest I've felt to a Generation Z since last noogie-ing my niece.

Words Today: 598
Words In August: 1688


No comments: