Sunday, August 23, 2020

August Sweeps - Day 205

Hey Mom, it's 3:47pm, and I've already got 116 words!

I don't much care, I guess.  

I did end up publishing "Three-Time Visitor" with my temporary cover.  As I keep saying, I can always swap out this cover with another one down the road.  The important thing is that I've put it out there and am moving on to another project.  You can check it out HERE.

Here's a sort of strange thing that happened to me: I got up on Sunday and was eating lunch with my sister and her kids and she said, "Hey, what happened to your eye?"  I didn't know what she meant, but assumed it was allergies (I usually--not this year, though--get seasonal allergies and spend two or three days with grossly swollen and itchy eyes), until she said it looked like a black eye.  So I went in the bathroom to see what she was talking about.  And yes, my right eyelid was black . . . but not purple or brown like a normal black eye--it was black, like charcoal, or like I had painted on my upper eye with a Sharpie or permanent marker.

I rubbed at it, to see if it would come off, and it did hurt to touch, though I had had no eye trauma that I could remember.  It was weird, and I only mention it to you because, later . . . my taint was the same way.*

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In August: 4181

My Uncle Len and Aunt Virginia came over and decided to spend the night, because the place they've been staying since moving out of their house on Friday only has one bathroom (that is constantly in use).  Earlier in the day, the uncles and aunts were getting together by a little pond near where I went to high school (my friend Rob lived right up the road, and now lives in his parents' house (after fixing the brakes on his mom and dad's Crysler LeBaron).

I wasn't planning to go with them, because it tends to be a lot of sitting around, while the children scream and run around and eventually start crying over one thing or another.  But I changed my mind and hopped in with them, forgetting that lately, they all get together and talk politics.  It has become quite unbearable (honestly, there's still outrage to be wrung out of Hillary's missing emails, all these years later?), but I had brought a book and tried to catch up on my reading, and pretty soon, it was getting dark, so it was time to go anyway.

I do hate it when it gets dark early, though I probably won't complain when it doesn't get in the upper nineties or higher in the afternoons.  But I got a couple of neat pictures out of it, like this one of the sunset across the pond.

My nephew, who is three, is at a pretty great age right now, and though I am loathe to look at pictures of myself, there's neat pink light from the sunset on us here.

Not a lot of words today.  I started out early, and meant to do more, but I recorded for an hour or so instead, and though that doesn't count, it's writing-adjacent, as the real estate ads say.

Words Today: 521
Words In August: 23,590

*This was a joke.  I was born without a taint.

No comments: