Tuesday, August 18, 2020

February Sweeps - Day 200

Wow, two hundred days in a row writing (and blogging).  Surprising that it's me that accomplished this and not somebody else.  But I guess it's only impressive if you think it matters.*

I didn't get as much writing done on the "Dead & Breakfast" story today, but any work is something.  So far, it was just a conversation between Natalie and Mason, showing how their relationship has evolved, and I wanted her to remark (to herself) on how he was just so head over heels in love with her the year before, that it made their shifts together difficult for her to get through.  She's never been so crazy about somebody that she practically worships them, and can't imagine how terrible that would be.  But hey, it's a set up for when she falls for this dude, who I haven't got a name for yet, but intended to ask the folks on Facebook for a name for, who she's going to stare into the green eyes of and just plain FALL.

Then we'll see how she likes it.

Writing is therapy, kids, and I think this will be a very productive session . . . if I manage to get through to the end.

Sit-ups Today: 170
Sit-ups In August: 3179

After seeing JURASSIC PARK together on Saturday, my cousin and I talked about what else we might want to see, and I mentioned not having seeing the third movie since the theater in 2001.  So we watched JURASSIC PARK III, and while I did enjoy a couple of parts of it, it just plain wasn't very good.  Turns out it was one of those movies that started shooting without a completed script, and you simply cannot make a movie like you're "pantsing" a novel.  


Afterward, we watched the short film "Battle At Black Rock," which was a fun little JURASSIC WORLD 2 spin-off.  It began with news footage talking about the escaped dinosaurs at the end of the film, and one of them used the phrase "the new normal."  That soured me quite a bit, on everything.  

Big Anklevich and I just hate that term, and he hears it over and over and over again because he works in a newsroom, and you tend to hear the same phrases repeated all the time.**

Words Today: 856
Words In August: 18,344

And since it's my 200th day in a row writing, I thought I'd do the math and see just how many words that garnered me.
Words Since February 1st: 225,961 (!)

*Big Anklevich apparently agrees with me, because he was saying today that the only way anyone would read "Hatchling" (the book I finished this week) would be if it was a posthumous release.  I do hope he gets on that, though.

**In fact, I sent him a page from "Hatchling" on Monday where the two main characters are watching a news story about themselves, and asked him if he would make sure it sounded accurate.  He told me they no longer say "stay tuned for ____" at the end of their broadcasts, and that "eyewitnesses said that it was large and had lots and lots of sexual organs" needed to be in the present tense, because "eyewitnesses say that is is large and has lots and lots" is just how they present information nowadays.

No comments: